JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just came in the house from shooting my Savage Mk II bolt action .22. I got it used on Gunbroker a year or two ago for $200. Dollar for dollar, that little gun is about the best bang for the buck I've spent. I set up a 100yd range with some little gongs, and I can easily burn an afternoon listening to those ping.
Since it's a bolt action with a 5 round magazine, I set it up to feel similiar to my .308, and I can get all the trigger time I want without going bankrupt or being a slave to the reloading bench. I put an Aimpoint Wally-world scope on it, and have been very happy with that combo so far. If I ever get over east during sage rat season, beware... this thing is like a laser... like cheating...
Hats off to the .22, easily the best investment in firearms IMO.

Now, I just need a .22 pistol...

+1

I just added another .22lr to my collection this week, which brings me up 5 in total. 2 pistols, and 3 rifles. Most bang for the buck there is. I have a feeling there may be another one or two before I am done.

As far as getting a .22lr pistol, I own a Ruger MK III 22/45 and was looking to get a Walther P22, but ended up with another Ruger, but this time got a Mark II 22/45. They will eat anything and everything, which the P22 or Sig Mosquito won't. Just my .02.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Agreed. I absolutely LOVE my Mossberg bolt action and my Walther P22. Either of them will eat anything I put in them and the bolt action is extremely accurate. Its extremely fun to load subsonics running at 730fps into it and watch them drop in the scope at long range. I can shoot all day with that thing. Only problem is the small 7 round mags which make loading time > shooting time.

I had 8 at one point. Have since pared it. I love them in all shapes and sizes. An AR with a 22lr kit installed is a ton of fun just to blow through ammo not super accurate, and it sucks to have to load the mags all the time, but you can shoot the piss out of it all day long for next to nothing. Bolt 22's are fun and slow you down a bit so you take your time and aim. 22pistols are fun. Don't own any, but the ones I did own were fun to shoot when I had them. Need to get another one of these days. That and a can. Cans are fun too.

A year ago or so when loading components disappeared,I brought out the .22's,and boy are they a lot of fun ! With the red dot zero'd in I can hit pieces of pieces of clay targets on the fifty yard berm.
Late last year my brother died,and among his estate was my Rem. bolt action I had as a kid..almost 50 years ago !! Man,was I excited to see that thing,I thought it was long gone...he sold a ton of guns before he died,sadly. I'll pass it on to my grand son,and it'll still be shooting good when he passes it on.
Yep,.22's are just a whole lot of fun !

View attachment 189665

I have a 10/22, and the Savage. If I were to add to the collection of rifles, I'd for sure like one of those military trainers (Mossberg, etc), and a bull-barelled 10/22 all done up fancy. Maybe one of those octagonal barreled gallery guns, too.

I traded a problematic Rem 7400 for a 22 marlin with a scope.Very acurate for one of the cheapest 22s.Great fun.

Now for a pistol,I wouldn't go for too many other than the Ruger Marks or a Buckmaster with a heavy barrel.The walther p22 seems nice and there are a couple others I can't recall right now,but the 2 I mentioned just shoot really well.

No matter what amazing features, capacities or capabilities other calibers have to offer, .22's are just plain fun.

9-shot revolver
Semi-auto target pistol
Ancient single-shot bolt rifle
New(ish) semi-auto rifle
Old semi-auto rifle

But alas, my little .22 collection is woefully incomplete. I just gotta have a lever gun.

Anybody got one for sale or trade? Lemme know direct!

[email protected]

I just hook up with an old buddy and we go shooting together. I have atleast 15 22's, bolts, single shots, and some autos. Only one pistol. We have to decide what we are going to shoot because we can't take them all and if you take too many you end up cleaning them for half a day. with the stinking weather, shoot time is only a couple of hours before you get cold and tired of the rain. so I only take a few. I can't wait tell we get some sun so I can do a all day shoot.

Yup, 22 is such a great little round. I have 4 (3 rifles and 1 pistol) and still want more of each. Such a fun gun to shoot and always cheap to do so.

I only have one .22 pistol, but a whole bunch of rifles. I even got another Marlin just because it was $95 new. It's never had a round chambered in it.

My latest favorite is a custom-built 10/22 with a fast-twist barrel that will stabilize and safely shoot 60 gr. Aguila subsonic through a can. I've done the calculation and it still amazes me that the 60 gr. .22 has a higher cross-sectional density than anything else I shoot, even higher than a 230 gr. .45ACP.

As long as the bullet doesn't slow through the transsonic regime on the way to the target, the .22 can be amazingly accurate, even in the hands of a novice like me. (But I do weigh my ammo to sort out the flyers.)

I have a Ruger 10/22 with Tech Sights and two Ruger pistols. I'd like to get a Marlin to put a scope on and possibly a revolver. My goal is to convince my wife that 22s don't actually count toward number of guns I have/buy. :)

(Fortunately, she really enjoys shooting the rifle, so I think I can sell her on another one.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top