Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A question for you LCP owners

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by SOG165, Aug 28, 2010.

1. SOG165

SOG165 Cent. Or. Member

Picked mine up yesterday at Keiths and decided to give it a workout this morning. It functioned just fine except for what I consider substandard sights. Has anyone run into this problem and what did you do to correct it since the sights aren't replaceable?? Any input is appreciated.

SOG

2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I did run into that problem and (since you JUST bought yours) you don't want to know what I did to correct the problem. A Crimson Trace grip might help, but you are adding size, weight and $$$ to your .380, that might be unacceptable. You could also paint the front sight with that sight paint.

3. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

I would also say paint is a cheaper option, if you want to go that route. My buddy just picked up his LCP and a CT attachment. He said it added very little weight and bulk. He is happy with it.

I personally am waiting to get the CT, it is fairly expensive considering the gun itself was only around $300.

4. juandelaselva

juandelaselva Boring Sandy Gresham Member

The LCP is, IMO, an ideal backup piece.
    7 yds is about the accurate limit with the sites that come with it.
    The crimson trace is helpful... I wouldn't worry about the added bulk/weight, but thie cost is something to consider.

There are many pocket and belt holster makers that make them to accommodate the laser.

5. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

I had a few "lucky" shots at around 10 yds with mine, but I honestly wouldn't want to rely on it at that distance.

Like you said though, perfect backup piece, which is exactly what it is.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I carry my LCP everyday with full knowledge that if I have to pull it the circumstances will be a FTF confrontation with distances that won't require sights so much as shooting by instinct.

7. alfack

alfack Marysville Member

I tried white paint. That didn't improve things much. Then I got the CT laser. The thing does not add hardly any wieght or bulk at all and I can shoot tight groups with it, while not even looking at the gun itself. A definite improvement, but a little expensive.

8. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

+1 for the crimson trace grips. They make point and aim shooting much more accurate instead of wasting time looking down the sights in an up close and personal confrontation. If you're just doing range shooting the sights are "adequate" at about 10 yds.

9. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

I used a Dremel to put a little dimple on the front site and two dimples on the rear sight. Then filled the dimples with bright orange paint. It helps, but not much....

10. Eagle9

Eagle9 South Carolina New Member

11. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

CT laser. You will be amazed at just how accurate the little pocket gun
    actually is when you can aim it!

The stock LCP sights are absolutely useless. The sights on my old Keltec
    P32 are much better---when Ruger was copying the design I wonder why
    they didn't copy the sights too.

12. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

for me it's a belly gun.

13. gcban

gcban Tukwila, WA Active Member

I have an LCP and I agree, the sights are horrible if not non-existent. That being said this is a close quarters handgun. What I really like about it is its very easy to conceal and I carry it more then my Glocks when the weather is warm and I don’t feel like carrying my normal cannon around. Easy to grab the LCP and just slip into your pants pocket. Even an extra clip is no big deal to take along.

I installed a Crimson Trace on my LCP and it makes a big difference in the accuracy past about 5 yards or so (when shooting targets anyways) compared to the normal sights. You probably won’t have time to aim via the normal sights in a real threat situation. If the threat is at arms length you should be fine with just point and squeeze without the laser.

The CT laser really helps when you don’t have time to take proper aim, or you end up in a weird aiming situation, ie: on the ground, on your side or whatever. I personally have noticed no difference in the feel, weight, or anything else with the CT installed. Even fits in a pocket holster almost the same size as regular pocket holster. I think you will be happy with the CT laser sight if you choose to install one, I am. Just my 2 cents worth. Hope this helps ya!

14. Crispy

Crispy WA Member

15. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

Correct. Mouseguns are a compromise in every regard except comfort. Sights are not needed with my wife's LCP to hit a person-size target quickly at the close range it would be used.