JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked mine up yesterday at Keiths and decided to give it a workout this morning. It functioned just fine except for what I consider substandard sights. Has anyone run into this problem and what did you do to correct it since the sights aren't replaceable?? Any input is appreciated.

SOG

Picked mine up yesterday at Keiths and decided to give it a workout this morning. It functioned just fine except for what I consider substandard sights. Has anyone run into this problem and what did you do to correct it since the sights aren't replaceable?? Any input is appreciated.

SOG

I did run into that problem and (since you JUST bought yours) you don't want to know what I did to correct the problem. A Crimson Trace grip might help, but you are adding size, weight and $$$ to your .380, that might be unacceptable. You could also paint the front sight with that sight paint.

I would also say paint is a cheaper option, if you want to go that route. My buddy just picked up his LCP and a CT attachment. He said it added very little weight and bulk. He is happy with it.

I personally am waiting to get the CT, it is fairly expensive considering the gun itself was only around $300.

The LCP is, IMO, an ideal backup piece.
7 yds is about the accurate limit with the sites that come with it.
The crimson trace is helpful... I wouldn't worry about the added bulk/weight, but thie cost is something to consider.

There are many pocket and belt holster makers that make them to accommodate the laser.

I had a few "lucky" shots at around 10 yds with mine, but I honestly wouldn't want to rely on it at that distance.

Like you said though, perfect backup piece, which is exactly what it is.

I carry my LCP everyday with full knowledge that if I have to pull it the circumstances will be a FTF confrontation with distances that won't require sights so much as shooting by instinct.

I tried white paint. That didn't improve things much. Then I got the CT laser. The thing does not add hardly any wieght or bulk at all and I can shoot tight groups with it, while not even looking at the gun itself. A definite improvement, but a little expensive.

+1 for the crimson trace grips. They make point and aim shooting much more accurate instead of wasting time looking down the sights in an up close and personal confrontation. If you're just doing range shooting the sights are "adequate" at about 10 yds.

CT laser. You will be amazed at just how accurate the little pocket gun
actually is when you can aim it!

The stock LCP sights are absolutely useless. The sights on my old Keltec
P32 are much better---when Ruger was copying the design I wonder why
they didn't copy the sights too.

I have an LCP and I agree, the sights are horrible if not non-existent. That being said this is a close quarters handgun. What I really like about it is its very easy to conceal and I carry it more then my Glocks when the weather is warm and I don't feel like carrying my normal cannon around. Easy to grab the LCP and just slip into your pants pocket. Even an extra clip is no big deal to take along.

I installed a Crimson Trace on my LCP and it makes a big difference in the accuracy past about 5 yards or so (when shooting targets anyways) compared to the normal sights. You probably won't have time to aim via the normal sights in a real threat situation. If the threat is at arms length you should be fine with just point and squeeze without the laser.

The CT laser really helps when you don't have time to take proper aim, or you end up in a weird aiming situation, ie: on the ground, on your side or whatever. I personally have noticed no difference in the feel, weight, or anything else with the CT installed. Even fits in a pocket holster almost the same size as regular pocket holster. I think you will be happy with the CT laser sight if you choose to install one, I am. Just my 2 cents worth. Hope this helps ya!

I carry my LCP everyday with full knowledge that if I have to pull it the circumstances will be a FTF confrontation with distances that won't require sights so much as shooting by instinct.

Correct. Mouseguns are a compromise in every regard except comfort. Sights are not needed with my wife's LCP to hit a person-size target quickly at the close range it would be used.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top