Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A NEW SHOLDER HOLSTER

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Sgt Nambu, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hey, sisters and brothers out there! I'm looking into getting a new sholder holster but I've just been popped between the eyes by some renegade sticker shock! I have a couple of Galco, Miami Classics and they are superb examples of the holster makers art! However, those things run north of $200.00 each! o_O On a fixed income it would be tough to justify that kind of money these days!
    So....anyone have a recommendation for a nice, comfortable, balanced rig at, maybe half that price? BTW, it's for a Sig Sauer P250 compact in .45ACP.
    Thank you for any feedback!:) SRG

2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

My SO came home from a garage sale with a shoulder holster perfect fit for my G27
    but it cost her $25

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

There is a guy on facebook that makes lots of holsters and I think he makes about anything you want. You can contact him if the link I put on here works. https://www.facebook.com/jlarsen1958

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

What you do is paw through the used holster barrel and when you find a good one for $5, buy it and then a gun that'll fit it.

DirtyBird, mjbskwim and John Gault like this.
  5. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah, that's a pretty involved set up and the $200 figure is fairly reasonable. Consider this... If a small outfit were to hand make these, one at a time, they'd probably loose money at 200 retail. That's because there is a lot of labor in a rig like that. A small outfit would also have to invest in having a variery of blue guns on hand in order to mold the holster to fit your model gun. That costs a lot to stock a variety of handgun replicas.

The bigger outfits have bought bulk parts, buckles, leather, blue guns and have the machines, patterns and workers to punch it out in no time. Therefore they can sell it cheaper. They may also use a cheaper grade of leather than what a custom maker would use. (Such as, there is a difference between leather that is tanned in Mexico vs tanned in the US. I think it's in the process they do. US tanned is a better quality and consistency).

Check around and certainly watch the bargain bins for a good used one. I know I wouldn't want to try to custom make one for less than that. That style is fairly time consuming.

Bill

Sgt Nambu and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That guy does some nice work! I like it!

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Try a Bianchi verticle rig... X15

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Check out the big brain on titsonritz!
    smart

Brutus57, Sgt Nambu and titsonritz like this.
  9. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I have not purchased any thing from him yet but I see his ads all the time and like the looks of his holsters. They look like quality so that is why I posted his link.

Sgt Nambu and Cogs like this.
  10. Sgt Nambu

The current rigs are for a Berreta 92 and Colt Officers mdl.

11. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

A.E. Nelson seemed to be reasonable compared to some of the others.
    http://nelsonleather.com/

I've thought about driving down to see him/them personally. I suppose if they didn't have a gun for a mold you could let them use the actual gun.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  12. DirtyBird

DirtyBird Milwaukie Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Whenever I get a new pistol or revolver, one of the first things I do is see what kinds of holsters for it are for sale on eBay. There's a lot of crap, but you can sometimes find a decent rig for not very much money. I just searched for Sig p250 shoulder holsters there, and found 50 listings. Most of them are cheaper nylon rigs, but there are a few leather ones at decent-ish prices.

I feel like my luck on eBay might be better than average though; I'm mostly into revolvers, and I'm also left-handed. I've found a lot of nice 70s and 80s era southpaw leather rigs for my wheelguns. Hope you find something that works for you.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  13. Sgt Nambu

Thanks for all your thoughts and pointers, guys! I've decided to go with a Falco rig. Molded leather holster and harness with twin mag pouches! Just about half the price of the Miami Classic! It's funny, this P250 is the compact model but I think horse pistol whenever I see or lift it! I'm tired of trying to conceal it on my hip! I'm a big boy, and not in a good way! It looked like a plasma cannon turret on the Death Star!
    Thanks again!:)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    DirtyBird and Stomper like this.
  14. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LOL... Death Star cannon turret. You could just tell everyone you're REALLY glad to see them.... :D

DirtyBird and Sgt Nambu like this.
  15. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

They have like a 6+ week turn around.

16. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've got a pre M36 S&W and I'm not sure they would have one for a mold for IWB. I want to carry it appendix and the holster can't be too stiff of material so I'd like to check it out in person. before buying.