JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, sisters and brothers out there! I'm looking into getting a new sholder holster but I've just been popped between the eyes by some renegade sticker shock! I have a couple of Galco, Miami Classics and they are superb examples of the holster makers art! However, those things run north of $200.00 each! o_O On a fixed income it would be tough to justify that kind of money these days!
So....anyone have a recommendation for a nice, comfortable, balanced rig at, maybe half that price? BTW, it's for a Sig Sauer P250 compact in .45ACP.
Thank you for any feedback!:) SRG

Yeah, that's a pretty involved set up and the $200 figure is fairly reasonable. Consider this... If a small outfit were to hand make these, one at a time, they'd probably loose money at 200 retail. That's because there is a lot of labor in a rig like that. A small outfit would also have to invest in having a variery of blue guns on hand in order to mold the holster to fit your model gun. That costs a lot to stock a variety of handgun replicas.

The bigger outfits have bought bulk parts, buckles, leather, blue guns and have the machines, patterns and workers to punch it out in no time. Therefore they can sell it cheaper. They may also use a cheaper grade of leather than what a custom maker would use. (Such as, there is a difference between leather that is tanned in Mexico vs tanned in the US. I think it's in the process they do. US tanned is a better quality and consistency).

Check around and certainly watch the bargain bins for a good used one. I know I wouldn't want to try to custom make one for less than that. That style is fairly time consuming.

Bill

A.E. Nelson seemed to be reasonable compared to some of the others.
http://nelsonleather.com/

I've thought about driving down to see him/them personally. I suppose if they didn't have a gun for a mold you could let them use the actual gun.

Whenever I get a new pistol or revolver, one of the first things I do is see what kinds of holsters for it are for sale on eBay. There's a lot of crap, but you can sometimes find a decent rig for not very much money. I just searched for Sig p250 shoulder holsters there, and found 50 listings. Most of them are cheaper nylon rigs, but there are a few leather ones at decent-ish prices.

I feel like my luck on eBay might be better than average though; I'm mostly into revolvers, and I'm also left-handed. I've found a lot of nice 70s and 80s era southpaw leather rigs for my wheelguns. Hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks for all your thoughts and pointers, guys! I've decided to go with a Falco rig. Molded leather holster and harness with twin mag pouches! Just about half the price of the Miami Classic! It's funny, this P250 is the compact model but I think horse pistol whenever I see or lift it! I'm tired of trying to conceal it on my hip! I'm a big boy, and not in a good way! It looked like a plasma cannon turret on the Death Star!
Thanks again!:)

Last Edited:
I've got a pre M36 S&W and I'm not sure they would have one for a mold for IWB. I want to carry it appendix and the holster can't be too stiff of material so I'd like to check it out in person. before buying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top