JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I certainly like seeing more .357s on the market! For me though, I'm not a fan of side plates on revolvers or the screws that entails. Gotta be a Ruger GP100 for me if I'm looking for a full sized 3" revolver.

I don't see how you could go wrong with any name brand modern revolver. So many good choices these days. I'm sure the new King Cobra will be a great option.

I am glad that they are offering more models, especially because they can add it to the California roster because revolvers are exempt from the impossibility of microstamping. This model isn't for me, I think it looks more like a Ruger with the six inch thick top strap and lack of ventilation on the rib.

Handled a cobra a month ago. I don't like the finish on them, hopefully that will change with the king.

How was the fit?

I hate the new finishes on revolvers these days.
But hear for a bunch more $ this new King Cobra will be available in a high polished stainless.

I like polished stainless. ;)

IMG_0427 (2).JPG

Agreed, would reather see new Pythons in practical carry sizes! Also, a Colt should always be offered as Blued, with any other finish as options! At least Colt is still around, i was kind of biting my nails hoping they wouldnt go belly up! I did see a Cobra, but the LGS was way to busy to get to spend any time with it! :eek:

This is my Cobra, well put together and shoots very accurately and comfortably. My EDC load is a Buffalo Bore 38Spl LSWCHP non +P at 880 out of this snake. POA/POI the same with 140 to 158 grain projectiles. Nice gun and doesn't deserve the bad remarks that come it's way due to finish. The weapon is a first class shooter.

Handled a new Cobra in a gun shop a while back, I was unimpressed.
Seems like Charter Arms quality control defects were stamped with a PONY and sent out the back.....

I have read about the polishing done when Colt's was making the Python.
Very few Men did all the polishing.

And apparently today Colt still has at least one expert polisher.
They must. The SAA's have beautifully polished barrels and other parts.

But that's a very small production number gun. You can bet no high volume revolver will ever get that kind of finish again.

It's sad really.

Last Edited:
Today's Colt is built with modern equipment in a much different market. I've owned old D frames and a couple of Pythons and a Mark III Trooper. The older D frames were fragile and had some inherent problems with sight heights and slow trigger rebound.
I bought the Cobra for a 6 shot D frame sized 38+P weapon that is reliable and shoots well. I have no illusions as to what it is. This one shoots accurately and is easy to carry and to use. I will examine the King Cobra to see if it performs the same way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top