JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive been gathering parts for this one for months. Lower finally came in today and it was game on.

5.5" 45 ACP CMMG guard bolt and barrel, 458 SOCOM upper receiver , RMW Extreme lower and grease gun mags. I picked up 5 of the mags. I remember when grease gun mags were $7 new in wrap. Yeah, its not like that any more. Rise trigger set and the usual AR stuff balancing out the gun.

kqIXPs.jpg

Last Edited:
Grease gun mags, I had a old Organ crank Grease Gun that I carried for awhile in Vietnam. (This is when I was flying) I had 10 mags in a canvas satchel bag, very heavy bag. The mags were old and problematic for me, many a misfeed. When one ran you were rewarded with a slow thudding of the gun, much slower cyclic rate than a Thompson

I'm sure your new ones will be better, nice looking gun.

I remember seeing grease guns in service as late as 1990 by ammo carrier crews. First time I saw one I was like WTF is that?

Had a friend who bought an M3-A1 at an antique shop in southern Oregon. Paid $50 for it. It didnt have the barrel and they thought it was a toy from the 50's. Lots of fun with that thing. He said he was looking in his rear view mirror the whole time on the way home. . .

I'm really enjoying the 45acp guns you're putting together @wired

One of these days I'm going to do a 45 ACP guard upper based on a PSA 9mm Colt mag lower . 45 Uzi mags fit in the mag well and once adjusted for height and the ejector is removed ( the guard bolt is AR15 style with its own ejector ) it should work.

One of these days I'm going to do a 45 ACP guard upper based on a PSA 9mm Colt mag lower . 45 Uzi mags fit in the mag well and once adjusted for height and the ejector is removed ( the guard bolt is AR15 style with its own ejector ) it should work.
Keep an eye on those ejectors, mine failed on me recently and CMMG is sending me some spare ejector springs. Seems to be the point of failure on the RDBs.

Are they the same as standard AR's. Oddly enough I dont own a regular AR
No, I swapped the dead one with a standard AR spring and it's working. CMMG makes a stronger spring though, so once the standard one fails, I'll put in the newer CMMG spring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top