JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy, i am looking to maybe buy a replacement for the G27 i just sold. Now, my top pick is a H&K p30, which v# I dont know. I have also been thinking about a SIG. Either a P226 or a P229 but I really don't have an opinion on just which one. I really don't think I want a M&P or a XD but they are not off the table.
If you folks out there have any input at all about these pistols or something I may not even be thinking of but should be, please post.

btw, 9mm or .40 is another thing I have not decided. I may lean more to .40 as I still have a few hundred rounds of that.

Depends on the application. The Sigs are the heaviest and bulkiest of the ones you mentioned, so I would shy away from those for concealed carry, unless you're willing to commit to a true gun belt and spending money on an appropriate holster.

Having said that, I have handled and/or fired all of those. The Sigs and M&P are my top two out of the four listed. The Sig 226 would be my top choice of the listed options for a dedicated home defense gun or OC sidearm.

Own a Sig 229R .40 S&W and it is ridiculously accurate and reliable! It's the Lexus of the Gun world lol ;o)

As stated though, i would struggle to conceal carry it unless it was winter. Its fairly chunky width wise and as such not easily concealed... add to that the quality weight of the gun and it would be tough!! Awesome home defense / open carry choice though when equipped with a combat light.

Other options for Carry?

- CZ P07 Duty (my current EDC - 16 rounds of compact goodness)
- XDM, XD
- Glock 19
- Storm

Smaller Capacity:

- XDS
- Kahr CW9 (my summer carry in 8+1)
- LC9
- Sig P938

It's all about personal opinion though, handle as many as you can and see if your local range has the ones you like and go and rent the whole case and shoot as much as possible... only real way of finding out if your 'desire' matches the reality of your grip!

I have an hk p30 and love it ..the pistol came with two different grip width slide in panels that make it the most comfy pistol i have ever owned,,it was a little spendy but have never had a ftf ar fte..but I do not own any of other weapons mentioned so I hace no comparison sorry..

As far as belt and holster, i do have a gun belt and I have a comp-tac mino iwb holster for a p30 at this moment. now, I owned a P30 before and I loved it except for a mushy feeling trigger. it was by far the best feeling handgun I have ever picked up. I also remember fondling the sigs and I do remember them being on the heavy side but I dont know about now as I am mostly shooting 1911s. The major downside I see as far as sig or H&K is the cost of mags.

Go with the HK, least amount of felt recoil. Very accurate, best hand fit. I resisted the HK for years then it hit me. HK45 feels like shooting a 9..Daily carry is now a P30, and it's hands down the best 9mm I have ever owned.

I am not going to get into caliber choice. :s0131:

what are you going to use the gun for?

HKP30L v3 = great pistol, never had a problem. very smooth / down side: trigger is horrible for the price you pay (they say it's a combat pistol :p), lack of parts.

CZ75 SA = great pistol, never had a problem. very smooth, can be tuned and upgraded in many way / down side: too heavy for carry

M&P= same as CZ / down side: horrible trigger (easy fix)

Sig didn't fit well on my small/medium hands.

I am not going to get into caliber choice. :s0131:

what are you going to use the gun for?

HKP30L v3 = great pistol, never had a problem. very smooth / down side: trigger is horrible for the price you pay (they say it's a combat pistol :p), lack of parts.

CZ75 SA = great pistol, never had a problem. very smooth, can be tuned and upgraded in many way / down side: too heavy for carry

M&P= same as CZ / down side: horrible trigger (easy fix)

Sig didn't fit well on my small/medium hands.

The main reason I ddiint want to get into caliber was I always had .40 and even though I sold my last one ( g27 ) I have about 200 rounds of .40 left and I have not owned a 9mm since the mid 90s. So, in adition to buying the pistol, id need to buy ammo.
Now, I have been really looking into the sig 226 mk 25. I am going to be in Portland tomorrow and i might see if i have time to run into Keith's and see if they have one in stock.

I currently own a 226 and p30. I did own a xd, but couldn't hit squat with it. Between the sig and hk I'd say go with either one. IMO you could't go wrong either way. Better yet, buy them both, that's what I HAD to do.

You are getting a lot of advice here, the problem is, we can make suggestions all day but in the end, your comfort is going to rule out. Go try some different models, figure out what you may want and get one, or better yet find a friend that may have one and see if you can try it. what may work for onr person will not work for another. just my two cents.

I carry a sig P229 or an FNP 45 daily, granted they are hard to conceal wearing a speedo, but wearing a speedo people tend to avert their eyes or run away screaming.

If you dress around it you can conceal carry almost anything.

Itsy bitsy guns are harder to shoot accurately than their standard or mid sized cousins, requiring more practice, range time and ammo.

When you are at the gun store pick up a Ruger SR40C or SR9C. I carry the SR9c daily and it is a great gun, especially considering its price range compared to some other selections on your list. It is a very slim feeling gun because the edges are very rounded, which is good for CC. Check it out, you just might like it!

Welp, I had to make a run to Portland today and as I had a little extra time, I ran over to Keith's to see what he had. After looking over his stock, this is what jumped into my hand and said. " take me home!"

It fit my had much better then I expected, almost as good as the P30 and alot better then the 226 Tac ops for some reason.

Anyhow, it looks as i need to sell off my remaining .40 cal and my Comp tac holster as I wont be needing it now it seems.

20130719_2044091_zpscf5fa98d.jpg

I carry a Sig P220. .45 ACP in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster, and it's definitely not too heavy. It also shoots like a dream and the felt recoil is minimal. Back on target in no time at all. Only drawback to a supertuck is it can be warm in summer, but nice and comfy in the cooler months of Michigan.

I am looking at picking up either a Sig 220 or a 229 in 9mm as a end table gun for next to my comfy chair. I have seen a few video reviews and they all say its a really good gun, if you get a newer one that is. Now if I could only get my Springer to sell..

I am looking at picking up either a Sig 220 or a 229 in 9mm as a end table gun for next to my comfy chair. I have seen a few video reviews and they all say its a really good gun, if you get a newer one that is. Now if I could only get my Springer to sell..
My P220 ( .45 ACP) is an older one, a 1999 build, ex Indianapolis copy gun. It is great, cost my $475 , and a dream to shoot. The top gun in this pic,

Looks really nice. Not sure if I will go 45 or 9mm if I do end up getting one. I have ammo for both so I suppose it really doesnt matter.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top