Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A good place to shoot near McMinnville?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by CLT65, Dec 20, 2012.

1. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

I am considering relocating to McMinnville for work. One of the things I like to do once in a while where I live now is drive out in the hills and plink. I don't shoot a lot, and don't care to spend a bunch to shoot at a range. Are there any decent areas near McMinnville that aren't too far to drive?

I did a search and found an old thread about McMinnville, but some folks talked about many of the good places in the woods being gated and closed to shooting. Does anyone have any recent info? Thank you.

2. CLT65

Nobody, nothing? I'm starting to get a bit bummed about having to move to an area where there's nowhere to go shoot without driving an hour each way, or joining a club with a ton of rules and nothing but 25 yard paper targets.:(

3. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

4. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

5. CLT65

Thanks, Monk. I was hoping for something a little closer. That's at least a 3 hour round trip from McMinnville. I do appreciate the link to the shooting regulations also, something good to know.

6. CLT65

Man, I am disappointed. Where I live now it's 15 minutes to a very nice range, and another 10 minutes past that I can shoot 100yds+ out in the woods. Where I lived before I had 100yds out my back door.

7. hookmiester

hookmiester Eastern Polk Co Member

Head out hiway 18 towards sheridan. Turn up gopher valley road, right across from dairy queen. Go past black top, look for a good spot from there

Fishjeep and (deleted member) like this.
  8. pitrow

pitrow Cornelius/Newberg New Member

when I first moved to newberg a couple years ago I heard about a simple outdoor range between Yamhill and Carlton somewhere, but I never got around to checking it out. Now I can't find any information on it, so it's either closed or never existed in the first place.

Might have been Chehalem Valley Sportsman's Club, which is at it's membership limit for 2013. It doesn't seem quite right though.

9. Fishjeep

Fishjeep Vancouver Washington Member

this is where we go. nice area, not a lot of people around.