JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Off the topic of "Can you have, or what is too many" guns to own. The problem is once you some of them, they are simply Impossible to get them back. I have a library of all my firearms I've sold over the years. Here's just a few I wish kept;

M3720028.jpg Gun.jpg ac4120099.jpg Colt041.jpg PPK20043.jpg

Wow! Not one "Hey Bob, nice P-38"? Come on, someone has to at least like the Colt?? Or is it that the Iraqi left overs has you speechless?

When I scanned the thread the first time and after I saw some really nice pistols, my mind remembered back to some nice ones that I let slip away. Ouch. I rather lost track of responding out of a sense of melancholy. I really like the Colt and the Walther, in fact I like all of them but the Colt and Walther are my favorites. Why'd you let them go?

Just curious....

tb

Stupidity, divorce (one timer), talking up space,... The list of what I had and sold...... you can't put an old head on young shoulders.

The sad thing is that once they are gone, it's difficult to replace. I couldn't find another 100% NIB H&K P9S in .45ACP if I tried. And if I did, the price would be a killer.

Every gun I have sold I regret!! Twice I sold guns to fund toys I no longer own. 1997 sold 3 guns for a jetski, 2009 sold 2 guns for trackdays at PIR and ORP on a GSXR1000 I later crashed......Never sell guns. I guess every gun owner has a list of gun sale regrets.

I spent 14 years as a Custom Knifemaker I rarely came home from a Gun Show without a new something.

Over the years I had to sell a few to pay bills.

Ones I regret selling

Smith Corona 03-A3 in perfect military condition
Remington model 572 BDL pump .22
Remington Model 552 BDL Semi Auto .22
Winchester model 69 .22
Winchester model 67 .22
Mossberg 500 20ga
Inland M1 Carbine .30M1
Harold Plank hand made 50cal. Hawkin style Plains pistol cap & ball
Llama mini 1911 in .380

My Dads Savage 110DL (left hand) custom fajen stock 30-06 (he made me do it)
My Dads Winchester Model 1890 .22Long (he made me do it)

I haven't sold a firearm worth keeping for over about 18 years now. And only traded away one (a 10-22) that got me a MUCH better rifle and a Mauser action.

I never sold because I wanted something else it was always because I had to pay some bill. Such is the life of a full time knifemaker.

This kinda of topic comes up often. I think about it often. On the surface, yes I miss all the guns I have sold. But if I think deep down it is not really that big of a problem, or has not been to me yet.

When I think about the ones I have sold I do want them back as I bought them because they were "cool" and still are. But then I do recall why I got rid of them. Many of them were guns I was just "collecting" and not really using, so if I had them back they would just be sitting back in the dark corners of the safes. If I had more free time on my hands it might not be a big deal but most were guns I had not even shot in over 5 years.

Only one I can think of was a "forced" sale, the rest were of my choosing. I was never in any hurry to sell any of them and at least broke even on what I had invested. Of course I got the enjoyment of shooting them while I had them also. On many I made a fair profit so that makes it easy to live with too.

I have not sold any of the guns I actually use, or family heirlooms. I have been buying and collecting a lot more of the .22 clones of guns. They are cheeper and lots of fun to shoot.

Here are a couple that I have sold,

DSC02855.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

Only sold 3 guns in my life time...
1st) Glock 30 SF. I did so when I decided I was not a fan of plastic guns when I saw one come apart at West Coast Armory
2nd) .22 single shot bolt action Stevens. My childhood rifle that I sold for $50 to a guy and his 8 yr old son. He got a screaming deal but it was for his son. He originally offered $100 and i told him to spend it on ammo for his son!
3rd) was a near mint Blued Colt King Cobra 6" barrel. The sale funded part of my Les Baer... I kinda regret it but I always felt guilty shooting it so it was "almost" a safe queen. I'm sure I'll regret it. I still have 975 .357 rounds that I reloaded for it so I'm thinking I'll pick up a GP 100 to shoot em!

This kinda of topic comes up often. I think about it often. On the surface, yes I miss all the guns I have sold. But if I think deep down it is not really that big of a problem, or has not been to me yet.

When I think about the ones I have sold I do want them back as I bought them because they were "cool" and still are. But then I do recall why I got rid of them. Many of them were guns I was just "collecting" and not really using, so if I had them back they would just be sitting back in the dark corners of the safes. If I had more free time on my hands it might not be a big deal but most were guns I had not even shot in over 5 years.

Only one I can think of was a "forced" sale, the rest were of my choosing. I was never in any hurry to sell any of them and at least broke even on what I had invested. Of course I got the enjoyment of shooting them while I had them also. On many I made a fair profit so that makes it easy to live with too.

I have not sold any of the guns I actually use, or family heirlooms. I have been buying and collecting a lot more of the .22 clones of guns. They are cheeper and lots of fun to shoot.

Here are a couple that I have sold,

DSC02855.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

They make an M60 in .22lr?

They make an M60 in .22lr?

Well they do make an "M60" that is a .22, but not what you are referring to. If they did make an M60 in .22 I would buy it. I do have a belt fed .22 based on the 1919/M2 called a Razorback.

Neither of those are .22's, they are a couple of guns I have sold.

None that I have sold I really miss. They were either sold to find something better. Or were not what I needed at the time.

If I had to pick one that I kind of miss it would be the CX4 storm. However it would of been a better gun with more metal parts and if it used Glock mags.

I wish I did not sell my HK 93. I had about all the accessories made for it as well. I sold it in a moment of weakness in order to buy another gun. I ended up hating the other gun and sold it too. I'm glad I kept my HK 91.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top