JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I knew better, I even told myself to stop, spend the few extra minutes and get the proper equipment…but no I said, it will be fine, just a quick drive down to the local station to fill up the wife’s car and back, no problem. I had been working in the yard and had a lightweight jacket normally reserved just for that purpose, Mika with a 442 in my right front pocket, SOG PEII in the left front pocket, no reload, no backup and no light. Just about dark and my better half comes out with my wallet and her keys to go get her car filled up. Normally I would have grabbed my crossdraw or Nemesis and surefire LED but not this time. So I pull the 442 and stick it in my right jacket pocket without a holster and take off. When I reach the station I go to transfer the 442 back to the Mika and find it is stuck, grip down and barrel up in the jacket pocket…so there I sit in the middle of a gas station fumbling around with a loaded gun. I finally get the gun straight and back into the Mika and then I drop the keys on the deck as I exit the vehicle and kick them under the car as I close the door. I go for my light to find the keys, but of course I have no light…at some point during this exercise I loose all situational awareness… banghead.gif

This is exactly the type of scenario that I caution "other" folks about all the time...this was a cheap reminder for me...Don't try this at home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top