JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Corvallis is different. No wait, it is almost like the big D cities. Same response.
it of course depends on the jurisdiction for how the LEO's handle this stuff. The cancer keeps spreading though. Elections do have consequences. A couple examples from where I lived for 25 years, Tacoma. One area in the SE kind of had one large grocery store. It was not quite as nice as a Freddy's or such but it was better than nothing. They for a couple decades had some really hard core security. They had to as theft was a MAJOR thing there. Finally got to where they could not insure the security so the store shut down. Now a huge bunch of people had no place other than corner markets to buy from. Those who had no car were really hurt. The people who fought so hard to protect the stealing scum now began to scream for the Government to "do something". I guess they expected law makers to force some store to open there. Needless to say that area is still without a store.
Another was down town. A LOT of people live there. Major drug chain built a brand new store there. Great for those who lived there who did not drive. Problem? Of course the scum moved in, stealing so much the chain soon abandoned the brand new building and left those living there with a big "sucks to be you". Again the people got what they voted for.:s0092:

Corvallis is different. No wait, it is almost like the big D cities. Same response.
Corvallis is a liberal utopia with homeless camps everywhere and lots of them. The city is now erecting shelters for some of them. Tent abodes with hard floors. Most of the homeless here are men of working age. Who refuse to work. I was riding my bike under an overpass and a couple of them tried to stop me. I have a ebike and blasted right between them. I was prepared to otherwise blast them if necessary.

The homeless in Seattle have gotten so bad it's clear that pedestrians are nothing more than income. Willing or not.

They don't even ask anymore, they just growl "gimme some money" like it's owed to them.

Beggers.jpg

I was doing traffic control for a sewer line job in Yakima last summer, on a stretch of street that ran in front of Target. Beggars everywhere! Since I had the street down to one lane and didn't have enough flaggers to cover the entrances into/out of the parking lot, I closed them off with cones, use the other entrance at the other end. A couple of the beggars got all indignant because I messed up their "spots", and tried to move my cones when I was at one end or the other. When I replaced the cones they got belligerent. I told them that the trench we had open was 14 feet deep and I would GLADLY throw their bubbleguming asses in and when we backfilled no one would even look for their bubbleguming asses. I didn't have ANY problems the rest of the job. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads