Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

9th Circuit 4th Amendment Ruling - reasonable expectation of privacy in your driveway

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by TANSTAAFL, Aug 27, 2010.

1. TANSTAAFL

TANSTAAFL Downtown Seattle Member

Umm, wha?! One to keep an eye on.

Additionally the dissenting judge opinions with 1984 references can be found on the 9th Circuit web site here: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2010/08/12/08-30385.pdf

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

While I have no sympathy for the drug dealer this is a truly scary decision. Let's hope the countries most reversed appelate court gets reversed on this one. I really hope this goes to the Supreme court.

3. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

And don't worry that "they're" reading these posts either. I'm sure a Carnivore system is assigned to each and every website similar to this reading to see what's being said. And our fancy screen names are completely transparent to Big Brother.

Hard to believe that a warrant isn't required to place the tracker. I'd hate to see the drug scum get off, but I'd like to see this particular ruling get overturned.

Don't understand why the cops didn't get a warrant in the first place. Without the warrant they risked their entire case on a future ruling of the court. Perhaps they already knew how it was going to turn out? Wait, that's sounding paranoid . . .

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Only if you've been doing it wrong...