JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any 9mm wildcats, and if not, why not?

There's bottlenecked pistol calibers from .25naa (.32acp necked down to hold a .25acp bullet) up to .440corbon (.50ae necked down to hold a .44mag bullet), but I don't recall ever seeing any 9mm wildcats, which I find odd since 9mm is the most popular caliber.

It'd be awesome if someone would neck down the 9mm to .308" and make conversion barrels for it for glocks. I've been thinking about getting a G20 eventually just because of the ability to convert it to 9x25dillon. I imagine a necked down 9mm could probably get pretty close to 7.62x25 velocities, and still fit in a standard magazine.

9x19 necked down to 30 cal? Wouldn't that be 30 luger---or darned close to it? Old news.

Put a sharp shoulder on it to provide something to headspace off of and neck it down to
25, 22 or even 17?

9x19 necked down to 30 cal? Wouldn't that be 30 luger---or darned close to it? Old news.

Put a sharp shoulder on it to provide something to headspace off of and neck it down to
25, 22 or even 17?

I was always thought .30luger had a longer case than 9mm, but you're right, and after looking at the velocities of it, it would be a waste of time.

There's bottlenecked pistol calibers from .25naa (.32acp necked down to hold a .25acp bullet) up to .440corbon (.50ae necked down to hold a .44mag bullet), but I don't recall ever seeing any 9mm wildcats, which I find odd since 9mm is the most popular caliber.

It'd be awesome if someone would neck down the 9mm to .308" and make conversion barrels for it for glocks. I've been thinking about getting a G20 eventually just because of the ability to convert it to 9x25dillon. I imagine a necked down 9mm could probably get pretty close to 7.62x25 velocities, and still fit in a standard magazine.

Why not just use the 7.62X25 in a CZ-52. Super strong pistol, and I love mine. Prefer real ammo though, to that dirty surplus stuff. Boxer primed 7.65X25 bass is readily available, as in loading information and a variety of bullets.

Why not just use the 7.62X25 in a CZ-52. Super strong pistol, and I love mine. Prefer real ammo though, to that dirty surplus stuff. Boxer primed 7.65X25 bass is readily available, as in loading information and a variety of bullets.

I had a CZ52 and didn't like it at all. Now I have a C96 mauser which uses a cartridge that is physically almost identical (but WAY less powerful).

It's not bottle necked pistol calibers in general I was interested in, but bottleneck conversions for a 9mm glock, the same way that 10mm can be converted to 9x25 dillon and .40S&W can be converted to .357sig.

I still haven't found anything other than the .30luger though, so it's probably not worth the effort or someone would likely be selling conversion barrels for it already.

Why not take a .308 win case, cut it down to 10mm length, neck it down to 9mm, and load it with a 147gr hollowpoint at about 38,000 C.U.P? This, in a 5inch barrel should leave the muzzle at around 1750/sec producing 1000 ft/lbs! Can you say a 14+1 hand cannon!

OK I have to ask WHY?

Sure some wildcats are very advantagous the .22-250 and .35 Whelen come to mind. But in a handgun as low powered as a 9mm I just don't see the point. Buy a .32acp or if you want MORE power buy a AMT Automag III in .20 M1 and throw a 110gr slug at 1600-1700fps.

If your not happy with your Glock and the calibers its offered in buy something offered in a caliber that has the performance you want.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top