JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can not entirely remember the actual weight of the plug, but removing it might assist over buying a whole other buffer might be just enough weight shed to assist.

1578095060208.jpeg

Its not a cheap way to try but they sell adjustable buffers like this;

Odin Works Adjustable Buffer - 9mm OS-ABS-9MM

Another option may be to ask them about another plug for the BCG. On my FM the plug for the 9mm was just over 2 OZ. I weighed it because I was putting on a LawTec folder and wanted to see if the plug I was replacing was the same. Not sure I what would happen if you just took the whole 2 oz away at one time. If they will sell a spare cheap enough I would try shaving maybe 1/2 an oz off one first and see what happens. This is assuming you do not want to spring the $60 for the multi weight option buffer.

I see KAK has the extended length in adjustable also. 6o bucks from a discount ar retailer. The plug in the bolt may be the way to but i bet ....looking at all the options. There is several that make 5.5 once. Wonder if this is the sweet spot.

Okay update.

I didnt realize it till Reno mentioned the weight in the BCG. I removed it. And the LRBHO works with the 115g shell. So know i need to find out if they have weights to tune.....
If not Foxtrot, there are others that do.

I only see one system, and midway has it discontinued. Same price as a adjustable buffer....
Its not a cheap way to try but they sell adjustable buffers like this;

Odin Works Adjustable Buffer - 9mm OS-ABS-9MM

Another option may be to ask them about another plug for the BCG. On my FM the plug for the 9mm was just over 2 OZ. I weighed it because I was putting on a LawTec folder and wanted to see if the plug I was replacing was the same. Not sure I what would happen if you just took the whole 2 oz away at one time. If they will sell a spare cheap enough I would try shaving maybe 1/2 an oz off one first and see what happens. This is assuming you do not want to spring the $60 for the multi weight option buffer.

FTM does not sell different weights for the BCG. They said they have never had to remove the weight to have it cycle. So need to look for rubbing on ejector. Or run as is. Or maybe shave an once of their slug and try it again.

FTM does not sell different weights for the BCG. They said they have never had to remove the weight to have it cycle. So need to look for rubbing on ejector. Or run as is. Or maybe shave an once of their slug and try it again.
Do they sell just the plug that is in the BCG they sell? Since it's just a chunk of steel they have to have lots of them and they would cost very little to them. So if they would sell another you could custom do one. It's 2 oz as they send it. Take a 1/2 off one and try again. Or see if you can find some round stock steel the right size and make your own.

Good idea....would you think it would be better to cut and end off....or bore a hole through it length wise.....

For what it is, a counter weight, If you lop off from the end you would want to put something in the void so as not to start bending the retaining pin on recoil. Not sure it even would but would save having to drill through the pin hole if it did start to bend the roll pin. So drilling through from end to end would make it so that was not necessary. Could also just drill holes in it through the diamiter so length would stay the same. Of if FM does not want to sell just the plug cheap enough look for some round stock of a different material, like some kind of alloy that would be lighter. Could be a cheap easy way to make adjustable weights for a fraction of what those kits with different weights run.

FWIW I'm running 115gr coated with only 3.0gr Sport Pistol with a Foxtrot Mike lower, Taccom Extreme bolt and Taccom 3-stage buffer. LRBHO works just fine. This is with a Wiland barrel with only 5.5" of rifling. This obviously doesn't make 125 PF, but I only shoot steel challenge.