JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've decide that I'm going to stick with Glocks for my handguns. You arnt going to change my mind! But, I do have a decision to make. My next handgun will be another Glock, and it will be full size. I want to build a "Tactical" handgun, kinda like my version of a USP Tactical. What caliber should I go with? I was really thinking 9mm, but then I already have a G23 so if I do a 22, I can use the same ammo and use 22 mags in the 23. Then I was thinking about 45 and 10mm. I want to do a Threaded barrle, all the "high tech" titanium internal parts, tac light, grip mods, mag well, etc... I'm kinda thinking about one of those super long slide Glocks too, not sure what model, but like the target ones.

If you want to hang a can off of it, .45ACP is your best bet. Also, I was under the impression that one can make a Frankenglock 20 out of a 21, but not go up to .45ACP from the G20 because of breech face differences.

As despicable as all Glocks are, a G21 is probably in your future.:winkkiss:

I wouldn't suggest going with a 10mm just because it's expensive and hard to find.
Although my dad has a S&W 10mm I've been drooling over for years. Someday!

It's is usually nice to stick with the same caliber, that way you only have to stock up on one round. You can buy a case and share between the guns.

If it was going to be more of a plinker I would say 9mm just because it's cheap and easy to shoot.

So I would stick with .40cal your going to achieve (pretty much) the same power as the .45 and keep everything the same. And be able to practice with both and keep the same feeling, recoil, etc.

Gonna tac it all out eh-? What are you going to use it for, IDPA, plinking, or some survival style tac gun?

Normally I would agree with the rest of these guys and say .45 ACP all the way. However, if you want to plink the crap out of it I would actually suggest 9mm.

Either way you can't go wrong.

I've had a 35 for many years and it's a great shooter - highly recommend. The only thing that would make me part with it is if Glock would make a 10mm Practical/Tactical but then again I'm a 10mm nut and am set up to reload it.

So is the 35 a longer slide 22? I had a 21 and got rid of it. Wish I didn't. Ill be shooting it a lot but will carry it in a drop leg holster in the woods.

So is the 35 a longer slide 22? I had a 21 and got rid of it. Wish I didn't. Ill be shooting it a lot but will carry it in a drop leg holster in the woods.

Correct and it has other features as well such as extended mag/slide releases and a slightly lighter trigger pull. It's a really nice shooting gun right out of the box. Glock currently only offers the practical/tactical model in 9mm (M34) and .40cal (M35). Since you already have a .40 I'd say go with the 35 for ammo/mag compatibility. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top