JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got night sights for my glock, yellow and green dots, I woke in the middle of the night to look at them. Nice! Forgot to keep the old ones, but I don't believe I would ever want to go back to the old ones anyway.

the ones I got were $74.95 and he installs them in about 10 minutes. He has 3 or 4 others up to about $120.00 for the fiber optic and tritium ones. I used the Earl Nash he was on the south wall and is a member of this forum.

Place was pretty empty of people. They really need to advertise the event more

The problem is not that too few people know about the show.

The problem is that too many people know about the show:

1. Expensive parking
2. Expensive admittance, long lines, lacadasical ticket-takers.
3. Fewer and fewer vendors - the aisles keep getting wider and wider
4. Fewer and fewer gun-related vendors - Beanie Babies, beef jerkey, antifog for your glasses and western art and general flea-market dreck.

Conversely, the Albany Rifle & Pistol Club show (which has none of the junkmeisters above) has been getting bigger and more crowded every year. You could almost walk across the exhibit hall on the heads of the crowd at the Spring ARPC show. Damned shame they won't be having the Fall show this year.

Two morals here:

1. The shooting community is really a very small place (especially since the Internet) and

2. The Truth will out.

Here endeth the lesson.

They need to lower the parking fee !!!

Maybe 10 dollars for admission AND parking.

:s0159:

Yeah i understand lowering the parking fee but it's the same parking fee for any show at the expo center. I spent roughly $16 for entrance and parking today to save a dollar per box of 9mm ammo. Not great but i got to pick up a cool rifle and meet some really nice people so i am happy.

i came i saw, i met coctailer :)

his booth had the best prices on AR stuff, by far. picked up a much needed armorers wrench from him, and shot the baloney for 2 seconds.

yeah, the beef jerky people kinda put the suck on the show, but hey, without them there might NOT be a show.

saw a few great class 3 things here and there (drool cup) and re-connected with a couple dealers i hadnt had time to pop by their retail stores, and met one of the guys from keiths in gresham who was mighty good to chat with.

i had fun, went by myself, got to really nerd out in people's parts piles.

meh, beats a kick in the pants. and it got me the **** outta the house :)

who are the sellers in the 2cd or 3rd lane all the way back selling bulk ammo? I was told that they were from salem at one point but the dealer said that they were his family and covering for theme here on out. Any truth to that? If they were still around, they had really great deals on ammo.

The problem is not that too few people know about the show.

The problem is that too many people know about the show:

1. Expensive parking
2. Expensive admittance, long lines, lacadasical ticket-takers.
3. Fewer and fewer vendors - the aisles keep getting wider and wider
4. Fewer and fewer gun-related vendors - Beanie Babies, beef jerkey, antifog for your glasses and western art and general flea-market dreck.

Conversely, the Albany Rifle & Pistol Club show (which has none of the junkmeisters above) has been getting bigger and more crowded every year. You could almost walk across the exhibit hall on the heads of the crowd at the Spring ARPC show. Damned shame they won't be having the Fall show this year.

Two morals here:

1. The shooting community is really a very small place (especially since the Internet) and

2. The Truth will out.

Here endeth the lesson.

Another factor in the decline of gunshows is how excessively expensive it is to be a vendor there. I have not priced it in two years, but it's around a hundred bucks to rent a crumby 3X8 foot table and pay for a weekend's parking. Yes, even vendors get burned for parking! And you better bring your own chair unless you like flimsy folders that you get to haul out of storage there. I imagine larger vendors get a discount, but every vendor has to seriously consider if their sales will pay for the fees and travel costs, not to mention if it's worth being treated like dirt by the show staff. The security folks are the only NICE staff there. It's easy to see why there are fewer vendors these days---I for one won't do it again.:(.......................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top