JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/85-year-old-swiss-sharpshooter-hangs-up-his-rifle-2021-11-15/

"Surrounded by other sharpshooters, scraggly-beareded Toni Hacki lifted his long rifle and took aim across the Ruetli meadow where Switzerland was founded in 1291, just as he had done for the past 51 years.

But this time, his performance didn't live up to his standards, and he decided it would be his last."

BZ7CKJIN3RM7BKDZFDSAHH32ZA.jpg

So much for the "Rueter's Standards" ....With that said it may be a error in translation and not the fault of the reporter.
Andy
Edit to add...I sure hope that I am still shooting at age 85....:D

Last Edited:
Compared to some of the folks shooting at trap ranges, at 85 he could just be getting started! I'm nearly three decades from where he is at but I look forward to every day I'm blessed with to work on getting better at shooting, woodworking being a husband and father, whatever. Some things are harder than others as the years add up, but still enjoy the chase. Good for him for sticking with it for 50+ years.

Well, the shooter was 85 so the gun had to be old too and to the teenager probably writing the story who knows nothing about guns, it had to be a wooden barrel because of his age and they stated it was not a modern gun.

I mean, look at the pictures, the wood goes almost all the way to the end of the pointy thing where the stone bullets come out.

On a side note, I am sorry the gentleman felt he needed to give it up but as I am getting older, I understand as my eyes aren't what they used to be and neither is my ability to hold a rifle as steady as I once did. I still do ok but the pattern seems to be opening up a bit compared to the good old days.

At the muzzle loading club I belong to we had a member who competed at almost every shoot.
And when Harold came up to the line...I knew I had to shoot good .
Harold was in his 80's then...he was a excellent shot , great friend and is missed.
Andy

At the muzzle loading club I belong to we had a member who competed at almost every shoot.
And when Harold came up to the line...I knew I had to shoot good .
Harold was in his 80's then...he was a excellent shot , great friend and is missed.
Andy

I have always felt your as young as you feel and 7 out of 10 days I feel young, its those three days that sometimes kick my A$$. The mind still thinks I am 18 but the body, that I abused tells a different story,

I am not ready to give up yet but Acetaminophen is my friend.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews