JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
AS we were talking about the pmc 257 pmc brass, when I was looking for 257 brass I came across some Federal nickel 7mm weatherby and they were just giving it away I think I bought 300 for 50 bucks, was going to neck it down to 257. Ok I have a custom rifle in a 7rem mag , a Mcgowen barrel .. The blank was 31 inches and it is dressed out to just a hair over 28 inches and a MPi stock, It shoots man does it shoot, So this is the Q should I get it reamed out to a 7 weatherby or not? will I get a little more punch and a flatter trajectory your thoughts please... And what if I loose the accuracy on a botched job thats what scares me the most.

There isn't really a significant difference between the two. Like the previous poster mentioned, I'd be leery of messing with a good shooting rifle. If I were to do something I'd punch it out to 7 STW in order to get a significant increase in velocity.