JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 22-250 bolt that you have should be pretty identical dimensionally to the .308 or .243 bolt you are looking for. Just take it to a qualified gunsmith that can check and adjust your headspace correctly and you should be good to go.

This what I found in Firing line Forum on the 788.

"
The 788 was never offered in a chambering that would require a typical "long action," such as the .30-06. Nevertherless, the 788 came in at least three action lengths. Measured from the rear edge of the bridge to the front edge of the ring, the .44 Mag is 5-5/8", the .222, .22-250, and .30-30 are 6-5/16," and the 243 and 308 are 6-9/16." How's that for a "cheap" rifle? These measurements were taken on rifles in my collection. I think if you tell the folks at Boyd's you want one for a 243 they will send you the right one."

M barreled action showed up yesterday And I installed my 22-250 bolt. When I closed the bolt it lacked about 1/2 inch from touching the barrel.
So, I am still looking for a 243,308, 7-08 bolt to trade for my .22-250 bolt
Thanks to all !
Skidder

Hard to believe a gun sold for under $200 , now , people want that kind of money for one of the parts.
I don't know which is more scarce the 22-250 or the 308 bolt ?

I have a blond stock for this and a receiver to go with this bolt. I would sell this for $275.
Thanks
Skidder

The 22-250 bolt that you have should be pretty identical dimensionally to the .308 or .243 bolt you are looking for. Just take it to a qualified gunsmith that can check and adjust your headspace correctly and you should be good to go.
REM 788 IN 22-250 HAS SHORT BOLT LIKE 223 BUT WITH LARGER BOLT FACE.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top