Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

7.62x54R, surplus, steel, or brass, ammo or cases. Restarting the collection.

Discussion in 'Ammunition Wanted' started by Arkarayne, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

It's about that time to refill the ammo crates, looking for that good ol' russian classic the 7.62x54R.

Will take:
    Loose, boxed, spam can, plastic baggie, whichever.

Any corrosive surplus, commercial berdan steel/brass, or commercial boxer brass.

Any country, any manufacturer, any headstamp.

Won't take:
    ...well, pretty much unless it's flattened, covered in poo, or visibly damaged, I'll take it. (poo-covered is negotiable.:laugh:)

Would honestly rather buy local than online, but $.45/round of surplus that i can get online at $.21/round... kinda discouraging..

Will listen and respond to all offers.

2. Arkarayne

bump, got some good trades, keep 'em coming.

3. conrea

conrea Oly Member

Am I correct in thinking that you want used corrosive and berdan primed brass? I thought that reloading was only possible with boxer primed ammunition.

4. Arkarayne

Berdan Brass cases can and still are re-primed and reloaded by people. Boxer brass is simply "easier" to deprime and get primers for.

Boxer is more mass-produced, and has the single flash hole, Berdan is typically mil-spec, and has 2 small flash holes, which some say actually helps the powder burn better/quicker/evenly, allowing better/consistant firing.

Berdan is a bit labor-intensive in depriming without proper attachments for a press, but it's doable.

So yes, I want berdan brass and berdan primers too. lol

5. beerdude

beerdude Keizer Member

Must not have gotten my email?

6. Arkarayne

I guess I didn't sorry, what was your offer?