Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS WA 7.62x39 Enfield conversion

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Armitage444, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Armitage444

Armitage444 Seattle New Member

This conversion was briefly offered by Special Interest Arms, before being discontinued in 2012. It allows a Lee Enfield rifle to accept a single-stack WASR magazine, and fire the 7.62x39 cartridge, which is much cheaper, easier to find, and easier on the shoulder than .303 British. Only a handful of rifles were ever converted, and this is the only Mk.III model that I have seen. The base gun was an Indian Ishapore No.1 Mk.III Enfield that was in somewhat rough shape, so nothing of historical value was lost! The barrel is threaded for a suppressor or flash hider.

A few things are left to be done before it is ready to fire.
    -Original barrel needs to be removed
    -New barrel needs an extractor grove cut
    -New barrel attached and headspaced
    -Minor shaping done to the magazine well to allow the magazine to feed correctly
    -The bolt could use a stripping and cleaning, as it is sticky with old grease.

These aren't terribly difficult operations, but do require a few tools and a bit of know-how.

Asking $400, but will entertain reasonable offers. Mostly I want to make room in my safe. IMG_4407.JPG Jump on it, this is likely the only one you will ever see!

2. cade

cade Hillsboro, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That is a very cool rifle. I wish you were closer.

3. War Bird Radio

War Bird Radio Salem area Active Member

I know this is an old ad but is this still available?
    Conversation started.