JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This conversion was briefly offered by Special Interest Arms, before being discontinued in 2012. It allows a Lee Enfield rifle to accept a single-stack WASR magazine, and fire the 7.62x39 cartridge, which is much cheaper, easier to find, and easier on the shoulder than .303 British. Only a handful of rifles were ever converted, and this is the only Mk.III model that I have seen. The base gun was an Indian Ishapore No.1 Mk.III Enfield that was in somewhat rough shape, so nothing of historical value was lost! The barrel is threaded for a suppressor or flash hider.

A few things are left to be done before it is ready to fire.
-Original barrel needs to be removed
-New barrel needs an extractor grove cut
-New barrel attached and headspaced
-Minor shaping done to the magazine well to allow the magazine to feed correctly
-The bolt could use a stripping and cleaning, as it is sticky with old grease.

These aren't terribly difficult operations, but do require a few tools and a bit of know-how.

Asking $400, but will entertain reasonable offers. Mostly I want to make room in my safe. IMG_4407.JPG Jump on it, this is likely the only one you will ever see!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.