JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got this in today's email, from SGammo:

Mind that he's been running that sale on Golden Tiger for ?6 months +. However, if what he writes in regards to the Russian supply being cut holds true... rur ro!

So anyways, the market is pretty darned decent for ammo now. AK/SKS food in particular, so if you and yours enjoy shooting 7.62x39, it might be a decent idea to stack a bunch.

Don't forgoe any other obligations, or rack up credit cards, obviously.

My point being is it might be worth while to forgo some other nice to have at the moment is all.

Who else makes 7.62x39, other than the Russians? PPU brass cased at $.60/per round?. Hornady or Lapua at even pricier?

"...TEMPORARY SALE - 1000 round case - 7.62x39 FMJ BT Golden Tiger 124 grain Russian Ammo
$199.90 + $22.00 Shipping
Last Chance at this price. We are going to $209.90 on Friday the 21st

In case you have not been watching the news closely there is a big anti-Russia thing going on here in the US government, and there is a legitimate threat to cut off supply of all Russian made imports including ammo in November if Russia does not comply with UN inspections (the Russian government has already declined the inspections). If that happens this stuff will be $350 to $400 per 1000 rounds over night. It would be smart to stack a few cases while prices are down and supply is strong. Keep in mind there is no steady source for 7.62x39 ammo at attractive prices outside of Russia..."

Got this in today's email, from SGammo:

Mind that he's been running that sale on Golden Tiger for ?6 months +. However, if what he writes in regards to the Russian supply being cut holds true... rur ro!

So anyways, the market is pretty darned decent for ammo now. AK/SKS food in particular, so if you and yours enjoy shooting 7.62x39, it might be a decent idea to stack a bunch.

Don't forgoe any other obligations, or rack up credit cards, obviously.

My point being is it might be worth while to forgo some other nice to have at the moment is all.

Who else makes 7.62x39, other than the Russians? PPU brass cased at $.60/per round?. Hornady or Lapua at even pricier?

"...TEMPORARY SALE - 1000 round case - 7.62x39 FMJ BT Golden Tiger 124 grain Russian Ammo
$199.90 + $22.00 Shipping
Last Chance at this price. We are going to $209.90 on Friday the 21st

In case you have not been watching the news closely there is a big anti-Russia thing going on here in the US government, and there is a legitimate threat to cut off supply of all Russian made imports including ammo in November if Russia does not comply with UN inspections (the Russian government has already declined the inspections). If that happens this stuff will be $350 to $400 per 1000 rounds over night. It would be smart to stack a few cases while prices are down and supply is strong. Keep in mind there is no steady source for 7.62x39 ammo at attractive prices outside of Russia..."
Romania could make the ammo if CAI went back to them for the Red Army Standard ammo. PPU FMJ is $0.32 (in bulk) at some places I look at. While x39 would go up in price, if there's a need it can be filled. If I'm going to be honest. at this point the only people really into AKs tend to be into them for liking the AK and just benefit from cheap ammo. Whereas people who just want x39 for cheap blasting ammo don't always go AK.

So I'm not too concerned about 7.62x39. Now, I AM concerned about 5.45x39. No Russian ammo=Virtually no 5.45. Which means no AK74 for me...

Sellier & Bellot makes 7.62x39, PMC makes it, Yugoslavian surplus (but it is surplus), GECO, Federal, Winchester, etc.

Keep in mind upcoming sanctions will be more towards banking and hitting their government, less so anything to do with ammo. Its possible, but not in the highbeams yet. There was a possible sanction, further than the previous one, that may block imports but there's no news from that. Considering that Russia did not agree to the inspection by the deadline, and I just got two packages from Russia, there doesn't seem to be anything going on so far.

SGammo is the only ammo seller saying this it seems. IICR someone emailed a few other stores and none of them heard of something like this. Sam had that ammo there for a long time, if that matters.

Keep in mind upcoming sanctions will be more towards banking and hitting their government, less so anything to do with ammo. Its possible, but not in the highbeams yet. There was a possible sanction, further than the previous one, that may block imports but there's no news from that. Considering that Russia did not agree to the inspection by the deadline, and I just got two packages from Russia, there doesn't seem to be anything going on so far.

SGammo is the only ammo seller saying this it seems. IICR someone emailed a few other stores and none of them heard of something like this. Sam had that ammo there for a long time, if that matters.
Romania could make the ammo if CAI went back to them for the Red Army Standard ammo. PPU FMJ is $0.32 (in bulk) at some places I look at. While x39 would go up in price, if there's a need it can be filled. If I'm going to be honest. at this point the only people really into AKs tend to be into them for liking the AK and just benefit from cheap ammo. Whereas people who just want x39 for cheap blasting ammo don't always go AK.

So I'm not too concerned about 7.62x39. Now, I AM concerned about 5.45x39. No Russian ammo=Virtually no 5.45. Which means no AK74 for me...

Sellier & Bellot makes 7.62x39, PMC makes it, Yugoslavian surplus (but it is surplus), GECO, Federal, Winchester, etc.

Didn't even think on 5.45x39. Thanks! Prob because we are comfortably "set" for them, other folks may not be.

7.62x39? I'm still pondering wether we should drop the cartridge and everything chambered in it, or not. We have a few, and they are fun to shoot for sure, so prob will hang on to them.

Well just in case I just ordered 1000 rds of my favorite wolf military classic hp. My 7.62x39 Ar builds love this stuff. 076451CA-EA2E-4BB9-BEF3-63CF207DDC92.jpeg

12 shots at 100 yds with a cheap red dot. Scoped this thing will do moa all day long with said ammo.

Didn't even think on 5.45x39. Thanks! Prob because we are comfortably "set" for them, other folks may not be.

7.62x39? I'm still pondering wether we should drop the cartridge and everything chambered in it, or not. We have a few, and they are fun to shoot for sure, so prob will hang on to them.
I won't drop it. I'd just end up stacking PPU or something in FMJ, then reload for soft points.

Even if I wasn't set I wouldn't worry much. Unlike 5.45, there's a lot of 7.62x39 not made in Russia. What sanctions will do is put the proverbial nail in the coffin for the AK74. That being said, the sanctions affect all rounds really. AK folks aren't the only ones getting steel cased ammo.

IMHO, at this point the only reason to get 7.62x39 is if you aren't going suppressed. Also if you're into the AK or SKS.

That being said, if you reload you could get brass 7.62x39 then you could always load subsonic ammo for that. But for factory? .300 BLK wins in that regard. 7.62x39 requires money and reloading to play when you want more than just a 123-125 gr FMJ or soft point.

I don't plan to suppress because I may end back up in a slave state due to family. I don't need NFA stuff to unload. I already have a AK and like that round. Philosophically, I have doubts on 5.56 out of short barrels.

Obummer years this ammo was really untouched, maybe 40-60 above what it is now per 1000.
Thats a average price I have seen is 199.00 per 1K, the shipping is what kills these prices.
Pre-obummer prices were around .15 Near what 22lR was at times.
The ammo that I think of all ammo that would be effected if ever a shortage would be .223/5.56
as there has been a huge push in AR ownership in that caliber the last ten years making it desirable,
but then not recession or shortage proof.

I bought 1k of the golden tiger, it shoots ok in the m92 with a 2"ish group at 50yrds. Im looking more at handloading these days as with Nosler BT I can keep the price around .30 cents and accuracy is better the only down side is the muzzle blast is significant. The only Russian stuff that really interests me is the sealed bullet primer combo for storage purposes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top