JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$150
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x51mm
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have two sealed 140 round battle packs of South African 7.62 NATO (R1M1) available. One label has fallen off, but both were originally purchased from same lot.

$150 each

FTF near Tigard/Tualatin

611595-e52d1847e732fe8f6d7cb483d8a94dd1.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Date stamp?
Without digging through a bucket of scrap brass, I honestly couldn't say. It's been a while since I've shot the other battle packs from this lot, and these battle packs are still sealed.

I wish I could remember off the top of my head, but I don't want to guess and give you the wrong information.

Sorry.

The black labels that are larger like yours "usually" indicate 83 or earlier. Should be the better S African in your battlepacks.

I'm surprised the date code isn't on the exterior labels.

The one label is scuffed and faded, and the other label fell off a while ago.

A friend and I have burned through a lot of this SA over the years (him moreso than me), and I'd say it was probably 2nd (or maybe 3rd) best out of the various surplus ammo available at the time.

The best ammo I remember was the Portuguese, which I believe came in 200rd battle packs. I seem to recall the Australian surplus being decent, too. One type I never got to try, but have heard good things about, was the German MEN surplus.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a time machine... :s0114:

The one label is scuffed and faded, and the other label fell off a while ago.

A friend and I have burned through a lot of this SA over the years (him moreso than me), and I'd say it was probably 2nd (or maybe 3rd) best out of the various surplus ammo available at the time.

The best ammo I remember was the Portuguese, which I believe came in 200rd battle packs. I seem to recall the Australian surplus being decent, too. One type I never got to try, but have heard good things about, was the German MEN surplus.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a time machine... :s0114:

I guess this stuff was .09 a round at one time. If you dig deep enough in the internet those variants you list are considered the best. I just wish I would have bought a lot more recent production MEN 762nato when sgammo was swimming in it last year!

GLWTS sir. You newbies with FALs and PTR91's, you guys better snag this stuff pronto!

I truly like this ammo. I remember surplus ammo in Tacoma having this in factory sealed tupperware cases. Good times. I also like the Portuguese ammo, but I'm partial to any ammo in sealed in battle packs. GLWS!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.