JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FullSizeRender.jpg
Stumbled across another 686 2.5" no dash" at the Reno Scheels. This is one of the 2500 from Lew Horton's 1984 special run. I never see nice, older Smiths there. This is the second 2.5" 686 in a month.

Last Edited:
That's nice.

I also have one with a 2 1/2" barrel. Actually, I bought it for PPC matches. Then, speaking about PPC....

M686, SS, 6 shot, 6" bbl, with adjustable rear and frt sight.
012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

015.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
My 6" 686-1 bought new in 1987. It stays in my gun safe most of the now. I do take it out and look at it and check if needs any gun oil. I have a soft cotton cloth that I use to wipe the fingerprints off. I am not sure if I can use a silicon cloth on stainless steel. This is the only stainless weapon I have.

IMG_1723.JPG

Last Edited:
My 6" 686-1 bought new in 1987. It stays in my gun safe most of the now.

Interesting. My 6" 686 is one of my nicest and most natural shooting handguns. It also lives in the safe, and I cannot remember the last time I shot it. Instead, I shoot SA revolvers very regularly, and only shoot them half as well. o_O

WAYNO.

Interesting. My 6" 686 is one of my nicest and most natural shooting handguns. It also lives in the safe, and I cannot remember the last time I shot it. Instead, I shoot SA revolvers very regularly, and only shoot them half as well. o_O

WAYNO.

Other than occasionally taking it out of my safe and looking at it, or seeing if needs a bit of gun oil applied, I last shot it more than 3 years ago now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top