JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey I picked up some 62 grain tracer bullets at the last show and I need some information on reloading. Can anyone help me out with powder selection etc..... look forward to your input.
Thanks
Daryle

I to have been using BL-C(2) and H335 with 55 gr. Bullets and have had no issues. I'll try BL-C(2) with the minimum load and see how it performs. Thanks !!

Thanks for the direction. I tried BL- C (2) since I have quite a bit in stock at 22.5 gr. (Min. load) and only 2 out of 10 ignited. I bumped up the load to 24 gr. and bingo all 10 ignited. Accuracy was okay but if I bumped up let's say another .5 gr. to 24.5, would that help with accuracy?

Usually the lower velocity is going to be more accurate... honestly, I don't think I've ever seen an "accurate" tracer. usually they seem to shoot about minute of flaming car at 500 yards.

Since the tracer element generates a small amount of gas, and has a lower density, I would try to keep the load to a minimum in terms of "what will light". However, part of this comes down to me being excessively cautious when it comes to dispensing advice in terms of powder/components I don't know too well.

Hey I picked up some 62 grain tracer bullets at the last show and I need some information on reloading. Can anyone help me out with powder selection etc..... look forward to your input.
Thanks
Daryle

844T
26.5 grains in New LC Brass
23.5 in once fired or commercial

28 grains Max in a 11 1/2 inch barrel.
Will give you the same punch/range as a standard 23.5 grain load in a 20 inch barrel,But its hard on the barrels 10-15k lifespan before they burn out the throat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top