JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This one has been some time in the works. The barrel took 9 months to show up because I ordered a bunch of custom features.

Specs
  • Grayboe Trekker lightweight (~26 oz) in GAP splash camo + M5 DBM
  • Zermatt Origin action, PPC bolt head
  • Criterion 16.25" 6.5 Grendel barrel, stainless, nitride finish, light varmint contour, 5/8 x24 threaded
  • Triggertech Special trigger (not pictured)
  • MDT 12 round 6.5G/6Arc magazines (bought a bunch before the WA mag ban)

Picture is just mocked up, no trigger, barrel nut still needs to be cerakoted black, still need to decide which medium rings to use (this will have a Nighforce 2.5-10 x 42 on it, which seems like an ideal, light scope for this to be a scout-ish rifle, per my intent.)

Overall it is pretty light, even with the somewhat fat barrel. I am guessing it will last forever, given the nitride and that 6.5G isn't a barrel burner.

65g_bolt - Copy.jpg

Last Edited:
Very clean looking rifle. My favorite part is the stock. Looks economic and light.

That was a typo. Meant ergonomic not economic! I looked them up almost immediately after and I like what I see!
It seemed to make sense to me. I wanted something light and minimal but with a more vertical pistol grip than a typical sporter stock would have. Ergos seem great, and it weighs even less than their sporter-style stocks. Their Phoenix stock looks great too, especially at ~2.5 lbs. I only wish they made folders, perhaps with a Manners-style hinge.

It seemed to make sense to me. I wanted something light and minimal but with a more vertical pistol grip than a typical sporter stock would have. Ergos seem great, and it weighs even less than their sporter-style stocks. Their Phoenix stock looks great too, especially at ~2.5 lbs. I only wish they made folders, perhaps with a Manners-style hinge.
It definitely got my attention. It fits many roles and likely does most of them without much compromise over the dedicated versions they sell.

Really nice clean looking rifle, I like it. What barrel twist and what is your intended use?
Thanks. 1.8 twist, mainly a deer rifle at this point. It's really lite, less than 7lbs w/scope which makes it an easy carry in the woods. I've only shot 30 rounds thru it. I'm looking to do some hand loads and see where that goes.

Thanks. 1.8 twist, mainly a deer rifle at this point. It's really lite, less than 7lbs w/scope which makes it an easy carry in the woods. I've only shot 30 rounds thru it. I'm looking to do some hand loads and see where that goes.
100% I love your rifle too, its a nice clean build. I should have quoted the OP, but its a question for both then. :)

I just built a grendel but in an AR platform. I have just started working on handloading it for deer hunting.

Buddy has an AR in Grendel (20" barrel) with a side charging handle and it sweet!! He shoots the Barnes TTSX 120 grains under 1". I'll keep everyone posted on my handloads with this bolt action... Happy Building

Found a load that the Grendel likes. This was at 100 yards. I'll probably put it at 2"-2 1/2" high @ 100. Next up will be the Barnes TTSX 120s. Sorry I don't have a chrono, the Berger loading manual has this load @ 2300 -+100fps depending on barrel, COAL... Either way I figured it would be a good for under 200 yards.

20231007_170550.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top