JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you asking for a rifle or ammo? Right now there are rifles in that caliber all over the internet for $250. Most have been a big cache in Africa somewhere

You watch the OreGear channel today too?
ive been price checking ammo all day to see if its a viable new purchase.
I've been looking to get a few more milsirps recently, with the way prices are going on them. Settled on the Carcano. Paid a little more for a hand selected one. Just waiting for it to ship now. Figured I'd try and get some ammo for it while I wait.

1000 Rounds 556/223 FMJ Range Grade.
David 503-551-0871
Keizer

86FF7FA0-45F0-4880-AF1F-415BD7A1BEC4.png

first thing you want to do is slug the bore. the 6.5 is a .264 dia bore but a lot of the surplus carcano rifles have .268+ bores. before buying ammo wait until you receive the rifle then slug the bore to determine the bore size. if the bore slugs out to .268 or larger, i don't know if Hornady still makes a .268 FMJ if so then you will have to reload for that rifle. you can shoot the .264 dia bullets but accuracy will suffer. or cast your own bullets and size them to .268. i think Privi Partisan makes ammo for the 6.5 also you can make 6.5 carcano brass using 220 swift cases. but you will need a lathe to turn down the rims. if you want more info on the carcano rifle PM me and i will give you my phone number. HTH
Rick

I've been looking to get a few more milsirps recently, with the way prices are going on them. Settled on the Carcano. Paid a little more for a hand selected one. Just waiting for it to ship now. Figured I'd try and get some ammo for it while I wait.
Be warned. . . , the famed CARCANO rifle has a history of bolts that fracture and may take half of the shooters face off, or even worse, death! I personally rendered mine non-firing, by grinding the firing pin down, and yes the bolt was showing signs of crack/ fracture at the rear of the bolt where the spring/safety pin thread into the bolt carrier/surround. I strongly suggest to make it a wall-hanger.

Be warned. . . , the famed CARCANO rifle has a history of bolts that fracture and may take half of the shooters face off, or even worse, death! I personally rendered mine non-firing, by grinding the firing pin down, and yes the bolt was showing signs of crack/ fracture at the rear of the bolt where the spring/safety pin thread into the bolt carrier/surround. I strongly suggest to make it a wall-hanger.
The Above is Not True

My CARCANO was of the 1942-3 vintage, carbine. The 6.5mm bullet is one of those that can really reach out and touch, and at incredible speed. When I did shoot it early on, I used military surplus ammo, pretty accurate, and it was a stinger for a carbine. It was also a nicely balanced rifle, easy to carry and shoulder. The 6.5mm Italian round was hot round, long, slender bullet and a "long" case - lots of powder !

My CARCANO was of the 1942-3 vintage, carbine. The 6.5mm bullet is one of those that can really reach out and touch, and at incredible speed. When I did shoot it early on, I used military surplus ammo, pretty accurate, and it was a stinger for a carbine. It was also a nicely balanced rifle, easy to carry and shoulder. The 6.5mm Italian round was hot round, long, slender bullet and a "long" case - lots of powder !

i have been shooting my carcano since i purchased it in 1993. it was made in 1938. now i have shot old military rounds which most would not fire and they were very corrosive and not accurate. i still have 2 boxes of norma ammo which is what commerical i was using until i started reloading for the carcano. the 6.5 carcano using a 160 grain which was the standard bullet weight velocities are 2,400 FPS. which is 100 FPS faster than the 30/30 winchester with a 170 grain bullet so the Hot Load statement i don't get. during WW II the Italians chambered many of the carcano rifles in the 8mm mauser caliber. so these actions were plenty strong. if your bolt showed signs of cracking then it was not properly stored after the war and more than likely had headspace problems which a lot of these rifles had. that is why with old military rifles you should do a chamber cast. i could go on but you get the point.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.