JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering how people zero for both short and long range shooting with both? Don't they both have different ballistics at range? Wondering how the 3-gun people set their scope up for both?

Looking at the ballistics data, seems like zero for 77gr will give about the same results inside of 100y, real differences after 200yds.

With a 20" barrel, they are pretty close. This is from ACOG TA01 BDC with 20" barrel velocities. 1614568973762.png

Yes ballistic data is different at range and also depends on the round and grain weight etc. What I did for my 77 gr I zeroed at one distance and the 62 gr that I use I opted for offset sights. Now you can go with metal or an RMR but that's up to you

The 62 gr are zeroed at 36 yards and the 77 gr at 34 yards. Now people will ask me why those zeros... easy answer... from rifle to target out to 300 yards the rounds will rise a maximum of 3 inches and drop a maximum of 3 inches... that means for quick acquisition and putting down the target it's quick and easy.

[
... Wondering how the 3-gun people set their scope up for both?
Generally zero the scope for the heavy "accuracy" load and know the holds out to 400-450 yds, and use the the 55 gr cheap stuff for the close range blasting in the pistol bays. At close range (100 yds and less) there is no perceptible difference in POI between the good stuff and the blasting ammo. I usually zero at 200 yds.

I have 27 years of shooting like this and it works great. Everyone that tried this realize that it works great for them as well. But most people also don't have other people shooting back at them. Reaction is important and life vs death in most cases.

This DOES NOT make me an Expert. It's what I found that works for me. Also whatever works for you is all that matters!

Last Edited:
That is a can of worms.

Depends what velocity your rounds are at. That's kind of like saying "how much oil do you put in a car?" Open ended, especially for a reloader.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top