JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm selling an ammo box of 500 rounds of .38 Special. I bought it at a gun show about five years ago. I just don't shoot .38 Special much any more and would like the cash to use for other toys ;-)

It's 125gr JHP. Brand is HSM and it's made with Montana Gold bullets. Bought from <broken link removed> (the card that's in the case is shown below). HSM is very good ammo - it's the preferred ammo among the SniperCentral.com community. Not that you'd be sniping with .38 Special ;-)

You can look online to see what this stuff sells for:

Cabela's: <broken link removed>

Prices online are:

• Cabela's: $125/300 (41.7 cents/round)
  • Cabela's: $235/600 (39.2 cents/round)
  • Cabela's: $455/1200: (37.9 cents/round)

And of course, you'll pay shipping! Ammoman is selling Federal ball for $199/500 + shipping!

I'm putting this up for $150 cash, in the PDX area (that's 30 cents/round). I can deliver, or you can pick up (East PDX, near Gresham), or possibly downtown during work hours.

The only trades I would be interested in are for:
  • Sierra .308 168gr MatchKing HPBT bullets (I don't need $180 worth, though)
  • Possibly some gunpowder, but it'd have to be a formula I need (primarily for loading .308 168gr ;-)
  • Possibly, a high-end 10/22 trigger (Kidd, Jard, etc.)

And yes, you get the lovely ammo box for free ;-)

Are these reloads or new mfg?

New. I bought them at a gun show and to the best of my memory they are new, and the case is marked "NEW". I remember buying a couple crates of .45 that were factory reloads, and they were both marked factory reload.

These rounds are loaded with Montana Gold JHPs (http://www.montanagoldbullet.com).

Potential purchasers are welcome to examine ;-)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.