JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've been on something of a lever-action kick this year, though the focus has shifted to an MG (based upon various discussions). That said, the idea of a lever-action in something .50-caliber, keeps bubbling to the surface. I know there were rifles in said back in the day, such as the 1886 in .50-110. And I vaguely recall custom and semi-custom rigs back in the 2000s in something in the fifty department. Considering light, handy carbines in .44 Magnum and .454 Casull can be had, I can't think of any mechanical reason why this couldn't be done.

So, what is currently available in something .50-caliber (e.g., .50AE, .500 S&W Magnum, .50 Alaskan, et al.) circa 2019?

Thanks!

Your getting close to my bucket list:
Marlin 1895 .45-70
A34185D9-12F6-499A-8780-0D6CF9A20C20.jpeg

Your getting close to my bucket list:
Marlin 1895 .45-70
View attachment 569569

You'll love the .45/70. I had a dance with said years back and have no regrets. I sold off that rifle when we started producing potato-heads and I realize how curtailed time would be. But, damn, it is a solid thumper of a cartridge. One of these days I will return or, more likely, I'll have to turn it up to something .50. :s0112:

Ah, yes, I forgot about this thread.

Very nice. Pricey, to put it mildly, but very nice.

For that much money you can just load heavy loads for your 45/70 lever to beat you up or buy a single shot bolt .50 BMG

I agree it's expensive, even with no options, but I'll bet it's a work of art.

I used to load and shoot both .500 S&W and 45-70 a bunch. If the gun's capable, you can match what the .500 can do with the 45-70, except make that 1/2" hole.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top