JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a old Marlin 39a 22 rifle with a old 2.5x scope with a small shaft. I think it is a 5/8". the scope has some dirt inside of it and is not very bright at all. I would like to upgrade it to a newer one. nothing fancy. I dont want to change to a diferent scope mount so I have to stick with the 5/8 shaft. Does anyone make a scope like this? I am having trouble finding one. If not do any of you in the tacoma area have a old one I could buy? I would like 2.5, 3 or 4 power.

Never heard of a 5/8 scope. The 2 common sizes below 1 inch were 3/4 and 7/8.

Cut a narrow strip of paper several inches long. Wrap it around the scope once, then make a pencil mark across it where the end is overlapped. Straighten it out and measure the distance between the end and the mark. If it is a 3/4 scope, the marks will be slightly under 2 3/8 apart. I'll bet that's what you have.

There are lots of older 3/4 scopes around and some new ones still being made. But some old scope mounts required scope disassembly to install.

Bruce

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top