JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering what people put on most of their builds? A2 bird cage, muzzle brake?

I put a brake on a build, but it seems like there is a very small amount of tolerance larger than .223 around it at the end. It makes me wonder if it could affect accuracy or not vs the larger hole from the A2?

So far, no thread on, properly attached muzzle device has caused poor precision for me.

Lantac, Midwest Industries, VG6 ( with and without CAGE device ), Smith Enterprises, A2, AAC, YHM Phantom and BCM

Only the loose fitting Lantac Blast Muzzle Device altered precision.

I put a brake on a build, but it seems like there is a very small amount of tolerance larger than .223 around it at the end. It makes me wonder if it could affect accuracy or not vs the larger hole from the A2?
Most brakes are designed to capture as much expanding gas as possible and redirect it. A bigger hole would only let more gases go forward with the bullet defeating the purpose of a brake. If there is any shift in impact, it's likely very small and once the brake is attached, shouldn't be changing.

I put a "little bastard" on mine. Big ol' holes to the sides, small out the end. Small "tunable" holes on top. Haven't really played with those yet but in theory it's pretty cool.

A lot of muzzle devices can impact accuracy. So can over-torquing a muzzle device. If accuracy is a concern, a Smith Vortex is a good bet, as is Knight's A2-ish M4QD.

Wilson Combat Accu-Tac, Midwest Industries model I forgot and I just ordered a Noveske Flaming Pig. That will be my first experience with that type of device.
My fall back is the ol' birdcage.
Darn things must multiply at night.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top