JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, time for me jump headfirst into the AR platform.

I am looking for a used .458 upper and a new/used, stripped/loaded lower. If I cant find an upper here by Monday, Im going to bite the bullet and order one from RRA.

The lower doesnt have to be anything special, nothing super uber match grade, stripped or loaded, its all good. I'll build the lower to my taste as soon as I find out what my taste is.

So, yep. Thats about it.

Bad move jumping head first into anything.:s0131:
The .458S is a reloaders gun unless you have lots of $.
I reload and cast my own bullets so it's not too bad, but
you have to think of it as a semi-wildcat. Damned few
places you can walk into and buy a box of cartridges.

I consider it my semi-automatic 45/70. ;)

That said, check with Pete AR15Sales.com (Legal Transfers):s0155:

Jack...:cool:

Thanks for the link, Capn, Ill call them tomorrow.

As for jumping in, I've done my research and I reload, so it should be ok. I've never been a big proponent of the AR platform in general, and have decided to give one a try.

Jack, thank you for referring to me to AR15sales. I spoke with Pete, who is very courteous and helpful. He informed me that the 458's are on a 5 week or so back order.

Thats one of the things I am most excited about with this platform.. the incredible number of after market bolt on parts.

Thanks!

I have found an upper!

Cap'n Jack, I am sure I will have a multitude of questions as I begin loading firing this cartridge.. Both the .458 forum and this one have and will prove most useful. Thanks.

Trib333, I am in Florence ( 60m west of Eugene), and come I5 to the Salem/Portland area fairly regularly.

Physics Guy, You have PM.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.