JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok looking at a .45 can..........have a .45 that am thinking of going SBR with and will get another .45 pistol also but what can have you shot and liked? The can takes the time so................need to decide.

Thanks!

I have a SilencerCo Osprey & Octane 45 HD. I like both, but for different reasons. The Osprey for pistols and the Octane HD for sub guns.
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Octane 45 HD as it's more versatile and you're able to take it apart and clean it if necessary.

I have a SilencerCo Osprey & Octane 45 HD. I like both, but for different reasons. The Osprey for pistols and the Octane HD for sub guns.
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Octane 45 HD as it's more versatile and you're able to take it apart and clean it if necessary.

The Octane was one on my radar............hitting a local store tomorrow and will see what they have to offer. Otherwise I guess I head north.........would like to just deal with someone who has it in stock.

I bought all of my cans at Curt's Discount Shooters Supply.
One of the main reasons was that he had suppressors in stock when a lot of places didn't and his daughter Hillary helped me correctly fill out the form 4's and form 1's. This was years ago before ready made gun trusts were all over the internet.
They also give you a free adapter with every can you buy, which is a $75.00 or more savings.

TiRant 45 here. I have adapters for .578, 1/2" , 5/8, and 3 lug plus fixed piston sleeves. Its the most adaptable can I own by far. It lives full time on one of my 9mm AR's and works awesomeliscious on that combo.

hOopTH.jpg

I have an Octane 45, which I bought to be able to use for 45, 40, 9, and 22. But I sold my 45's and now I want a can for each different gun. First world problems, huh?

BTW, it is super easy to switch out the pistons and end caps. But unless you're willing to switch out sights for suppressor-height sets, you should consider an Osprey before the Octane.

I have an Octane 45, which I bought to be able to use for 45, 40, 9, and 22. But I sold my 45's and now I want a can for each different gun. First world problems, huh?

BTW, it is super easy to switch out the pistons and end caps. But unless you're willing to switch out sights for suppressor-height sets, you should consider an Osprey before the Octane.
x2 on the osprey 45. very good can!

it looks like a mailbox but does the job!!

TiRant 45 here. I have adapters for .578, 1/2" , 5/8, and 3 lug plus fixed piston sleeves. Its the most adaptable can I own by far. It lives full time on one of my 9mm AR's and works awesomeliscious on that combo.

View attachment 438869

Is that the 9MM?

My SBR I am thinking of doing is almost the same looking set up..........I purchased a dedicated .45 lower years ago and has just been sitting.........

The only problem with hybrid cans is that once you own one can you are hooked! And then you want a can for everything. I suppose they are a good start, but since cans are so hard to sell off I'd have started with a 22 can, then a 9mm can, then a 556 can, etc., instead of getting one can for everything (which may not do anything super well...).

The only problem with hybrid cans is that once you own one can you are hooked! And then you want a can for everything. I suppose they are a good start, but since cans are so hard to sell off I'd have started with a 22 can, then a 9mm can, then a 556 can, etc., instead of getting one can for everything (which may not do anything super well...).
the hybrid does very well for everything ive shot through it. compared it side by side to other 30 cal cans made by surefire,AAC and silencerco... couldnt tell the difference through my LR308. also, i dont think subsonic pistols get too much quieter. compared it to 9 40 and 45 with an osprey 45. its not much difference. the hybrid could be considered big for pistols... more space to direct gasses i guess. like i said its probably not THE BEST or the END ALL BE ALL. but, it IS quiet! i love it. :D

the hybrid does very well for everything ive shot through it. compared it side by side to other 30 cal cans made by surefire,AAC and silencerco... couldnt tell the difference through my LR308. also, i dont think subsonic pistols get too much quieter. compared it to 9 40 and 45 with an osprey 45. its not much difference. the hybrid could be considered big for pistols... more space to direct gasses i guess. like i said its probably not THE BEST or the END ALL BE ALL. but, it IS quiet! i love it. :D

Well still searching and yes want to stick to round..............that osprey looks nice but just dosnt seem right on a rifle...........

I would probably use it on a pistol as I am picking up another FNX .45 as I sold one I loved a few years ago. Huge pistol but I loved it. Also may use it on a .300 blk bolt gun I have. I have a dedicated .300blk now and love it but it was purchased before SBRs were legal in WA.........

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top