Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

45-70 single shot or falling block rifle.

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Minisocks, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Minisocks

Minisocks Portland Member

Building a project gun and want the barrel and action. My preference is for falling block but break open is fine as well. Cheaper is better as I will only need the barrel and action. The stock will be thrown out or given away.

I don't want any vintage rifles or anything with collector value as I will be destroying all of that value. Something like an H&R/NEF Handi rifle would work. Also an Encore would fit the bill.

I'm also open to other calibers (44 mag, 444 marlin, whatever) in a single shot, falling block or lever if 45-70s are not available so long as the ammo is readily available.

2. andy*

andy* Everson Wa Member

Track of the Wolf has a trapdoor action and lockplate for $350.00. Might be worth a look.
    Andy

3. Minisocks

That's certainly interesting—and I will consider that for a second build if this one turns out well—but I'm looking for something cheaper. I'm ok with rifles that are aesthetically questionable as long as they're functional. I'm going to build a custom stock, refinish the metal and only do minor gunsmithing to make sure it functions smoothly so, as long as the rifle (or even just a barreled action) works, I'll consider it.

4. Minisocks

bump