JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Building a project gun and want the barrel and action. My preference is for falling block but break open is fine as well. Cheaper is better as I will only need the barrel and action. The stock will be thrown out or given away.

I don't want any vintage rifles or anything with collector value as I will be destroying all of that value. Something like an H&R/NEF Handi rifle would work. Also an Encore would fit the bill.

I'm also open to other calibers (44 mag, 444 marlin, whatever) in a single shot, falling block or lever if 45-70s are not available so long as the ammo is readily available.

That's certainly interesting—and I will consider that for a second build if this one turns out well—but I'm looking for something cheaper. I'm ok with rifles that are aesthetically questionable as long as they're functional. I'm going to build a custom stock, refinish the metal and only do minor gunsmithing to make sure it functions smoothly so, as long as the rifle (or even just a barreled action) works, I'll consider it.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.