JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Years ago I acquired a Win. 1886 chambered in 40-82. It left the factory in 1889, and has been extremely well cared for. I shoot it on a fairly regular basis. Back in the 80's I worked up a load that duplicates one of the black powder factory load and my '86 loves it. It is as follows;

.406 / 300 grain cast lead, standard large rifle primer, 33.5 grains 3031 powder with cornmeal filler.

Last week I loaded up a couple of boxes and realized that I am down to the last few bullets and would like to purchase another couple of hundred. I checked the "normal sources" but it seems that the 300 grain bullet slips through the cracks. Anyone out there have a couple of boxes available?

Thanks~

.406.jpg ?

You should buy this one before somebody else does.

I appreciate the heads up. For some reason, your lead never got to me until this evening. Looked like it was in great condition, and the selling price was fair. Wished I'd spotted the listing before now.

Thanks once again.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews