JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you a One Pit Wonder?

• Total voters
Reactions
36pitcover.jpg

April 20, 2019, 9 AM - 12 Noon

36 Pit Cleanup, Mt Hood National Forest, Hwy 224 at the 36 Pit.

Sponsored by; Trash No Land, USFS Mt Hood National Forest,

Clackamas County Dump Stoppers.

Web Event Page: 4-20-19 36 Pit Cleanup

Google Maps: Google Maps 11 mi East of Estacada on Hwy 224

GPS: 45.196422, -122.180072

BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch), outdoor clothes, boots, gloves & rake.

BYVS (Bring Your Volunteer Spirit!) and a Stewards Heart!

Family Friendly. Recommend children 12 or older and with parent supervision.

Firearm Policy: Handling or use of a firearm during event hours is not allowed at our events and is not an official part of our events. You may recreate as you wish after the event concludes.

Google Earth 36 Pit.jpg

This is a small area and won't take long to cleanup. It sees a lot of use and gets very messy often. Being highly used, it's a place we need to keep in good condition.

Bring toys & targets for some fun & safe recreational shooting after the cleanup!

If you value the privilege of free recreation in Mt. Hood National Forest, join Trash No Land, USFS and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers as we take a stand against trash on public land.

Stewardship Keeps It Open!

Next Sat, the 20th!

Come help us do our part of Earth Day and show em we care. Meet and get to know Dave of Clackamas County Dump Stoppers! The hardest working guy in the forest!

Clackamas Co Dump Stoppers 2.jpg

If I put that riddle on social media, will I get called a racist, hater, bigot, gun-humper and all that current trendy stuff? Hmmm... guess we'll see!

Weather looking good for Sat! Bring guns, ammo & targets! You're gonna want 'em! Open fire begins after the cleanup.

After party's are the best part of the day!

Weather looks good! Still, pack a rain jacket just in case!

Bring lunch, gloves, outdoor clothes, any cleanup tools you might have, a rake would be a good idea, and bring your good stewardship heart!

The pit will be closed all morning, so, if you are going to shoot, come early to help with the cleanup. We'll get done sooner.

Some plan to stay and shoot for an After Party. Bring your tools, targets and target stands... Don't forget the ammo!

It's a great day for Earth Day and we're giving back! See you there!

Good times at the old 36 Pit. Yes, we got it done with 12 volunteers who cleaned out 1,360 lbs of trash off our playground. AND, they got it done by noon! Nice work folks!

Cody found the pink rabbit, however he didn't want the prize, so, we gave it to the hardest working person in the forest, Dump Stopper Dave.

The riddle?...

What's my Brand name?
I am the color of the weapon in my hand........... Answer = Black
I am the tool that puts food on my table........... Answer = Rifle
I greet you every morning to start the new day... Answer = Coffee

Yep, a bag of Black Rifle Coffee, medium blend called "Gunship".

Yeah, these volunteers did pretty darn good! Thank you all!

To those who should know..., (which is all of us), Cody J. (not a member on NWFA), was the first person there this morning. 7 AM actually. He didn't waist any time at all. He unloaded his cleanup gear and got busy cleaning up long before anyone else arrived. He used a backpack blower to pile up a bunch of the small stuff which made it easy to clean up the piles! Cody was the biggest contributor to this cleanup and we really appreciate his extra effort! Thank you Sir!

This is the kind of guy you want volunteering on our public lands! A role model for all to aspire to. No frills or thrills, just get it done! Stand up guy. Thank you Mr. J! (I used his full name on Facebook because he responded to our post.)

And for those who kept asking the username of the NWFA T-shirt wearer who couldn't remember, it was me - PDXbiker. Nice to have met everyone and glad to have helped. Thanks to Cogs of Trash No Land, plus USFS and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers. Its efforts like this that keep Forest Land shooting areas open for us all.

And for those who kept asking the username of the NWFA T-shirt wearer who couldn't remember, it was me - PDXbiker. Nice to have met everyone and glad to have helped. Thanks to Cogs of Trash No Land, plus USFS and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers. Its efforts like this that keep Forest Land shooting areas open for us all.
It was nice to meet you sir.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads