JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The last week has presented some great opportunities in the 3rd gen S&W category. I was kind of bummed because the guy a few threads down found one at Keith's just days before I started my hunt.

Everything happens for a reason.

I picked up a 2nd owner 1 family 4506-1 with tons of .45 ammo, 7 magazines, Houge grips (which I took off- originals were perfect and I prefer them) nice leather holster and matching mag pouch. Condition was 90+ %. A little holster wear, but I'll get that out and it will be 100%. Shot perfect. Kicked the shells out 6-8' like clock work. Also has a new recoil spring which is a cool bonus.

Then last night I came across my 1006 on Armslist. Made a bit of a drive but hey, it was local. For just a few bucks more than the great deal at Keithes I picked up a pristine condition 1006 with over 200 rounds and 3 factory magazines. Original box, chamber flag, etc... all the same stuff the 4506-1 came with.

Got a 5906 on the way. It will need some scrubbing, but should be in good mechanical shape. For 360.00 shipped I can't loose.

And the real winner for me..? A 3914. Single stack stainless. Paid for, en'route, and will be added here when I acquire it.

For now here's the 4506-1 and the 1006. No.... these aren't going in the classifieds. :p:p:p 20151118_182850.jpg :p

Nice well-built guns. As they say, they don't make them like anymore ! :) My inventory is down to 3 3d gens, a 3914ls, 3913ls, and CS45. They're all keepers. I think yours will be too.

Yes, I have read up on that but that sounds like it works best for satin finishes, not bead blasted. If you try it and it works be sure to post a before/after pics. Thanks for the mobile reply!

Yes, I have read up on that but that sounds like it works best for satin finishes, not bead blasted. If you try it and it works be sure to post a before/after pics. Thanks for the mobile reply!

I believe the 5906 stainless is a bead blasted finish from the factory. I know they'll re-bead blast all or part of it. http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_775657_-1_757896_757896_image

I forgot before pictures, but this was the one of the two worst pistols I got in a batch. I'm pretty darn impressed, and plan to go over all my 3rd gens with this process. I'm not done with this one either. Spent about a half hour on it is all.

20151124_224815.jpg

20151124_224832.jpg

20151124_224757.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR