JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife and I went through this several years ago, before most of the current options were available, so for her, The choices were a lot more limited then, then they are now! That said, a Beretta Cougar was the first to follow her home, and currently, a Beretta 92FS "Officers" 9X19 like this one.
1575446054023.png
It ticks all the boxes nicely! Medium capacity, 9 mm, decent night sights, decent size, excellent double action trigger, intuitive controls, easy to work and load, and ACCURATE! Wife shoots it very well, and the recoil isn't near as snappy as many of the compacts she has had and shot before, it's been a slam dunk for her, and bonus, it interchanges with my Full Size 92F, so she can switch between if needed, ether as a night stand gun, or a purse carry extra! I may add one to my own battery as It shoots so well, and ticks all the right boxes for a slick carry mid size for me on those lighter days! :):):)

If this is her first gun, make sure she has the training to be safe with it. Never shot one, but I would have her fondle a P365 at the LGS. If it feels good (probably will), have her rent one and shoot it to make sure she likes it. 10 shots of 9mm in a very small package. The manual safety version is on my wish list, after I rent one and try it out.

No more .380s for me. Ammo is too expensive compared to 9mm.

Last Edited:
If She decides on a 380 look at the S&W shield 380 EZ . A mid sized 380 with amazing ergonomics. Great fit for smaller hands and very easy to rack slide to charge. I really like the Performance Center version of this gun and it is my favorite carry.

If She decides on a 380 look at the S&W shield 380 EZ . A mid sized 380 with amazing ergonomics. Great fit for smaller hands and very easy to rack slide to charge. I really like the Performance Center version of this gun and it is my favorite carry.
Thank you. LOL I was actually very surprised how well my sis shot my FS 9mm

The only other M&P she's shot is the 2.0 9mm compact and she loved that. Got to put a Shield in her hands. I shot the 1.0 Shield with the flush fit mag. Did not like my pinky hanging off the grip at all.

I love my 2.0C 9mm. You can get it with and without a manual safety as well. Although the Shield is a great gun, it's very much a preference on size and fit for anyone, male / female. My bride has one and has shot it extensively but now opts for larger 9mms.

I love my 2.0C 9mm. You can get it with and without a manual safety as well. Although the Shield is a great gun, it's very much a preference on size and fit for anyone, male / female. My bride has one and has shot it extensively but now opts for larger 9mms.
Same with my sister she really likes the feel of the larger 9's and for now it would be a bedside gun. Until she gets more comfortable with it before carrying it. She's never owned a handgun. I do have my 1.0 FS 9MM. But really looking hard at the 2.0 .40c

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top