JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my Browning 1911-380

But I love my Beretta Cheetah 86 (tip barrel)
Ya, I know it's not "technically" full size, but it feels like it is.
SAM_0457.JPG
they've become awfully hard to find and very pricey
But, wow... it's nice to shoot.

Last Edited:
Believe Ruger makes a full size 380. Also they have a new Security "9" coming out in 380. Not available yet but I saw it profiled on Guns and Gear tv.
The Ruger LC 380, while a Compact, is still a pocketable pistol, a lighter, but very long trigger pull. Longer grip frame, resulting in more capacity with re-worked LC9 magazine (Has a spacer welded into the magazine body to keep rounds forward). Definitely not a full size but much bigger than a LCP.
I don't shoot or carry mine as I have so many other 380 choices and I don't like the long trigger (RM380 long)

Last Edited:
My vote would be for the Walther PK380. Gun recoil is nice to handle, holds 8 rounds and the best part is how easy the slide is to move. Women routinely have an issue with being able to rack the slide on a large majority of pistols, but the PK380 has to be one of the easiest slides to move but still handles recoil great. Nice size grip too.
The bad for some would be the magazine release is paddle style (just under the trigger guard), it requires a special tool to take down the slide and the spring isn't captive and can be a little difficult to work with on reinstalling it.

My wife has a Walther PK380, but she does not like the European ergonomics. The Beretta like push forward safety which is only a hammer block so you have to pull the trigger to decock the gun. The paddle magazine release. And it requires a special tool for take down and cleaning.

I got her a Walther CCP 380 M2 which has the same grip that she likes, but is more like a "normal" striker fired pistol. The frame mounted safety and magazine release are more ergonomic than the PK380. Both are about the same size and weight.

1667158559702.png
1667158573368.png