JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to purchase another .380 ACP. Looking for a full size or nearly full size for my wife to shoot. I've been reading good things about the SDS Imports Tisas Fatih B380 and the Zenith Girsan Regard MC-14. I know nothing about either first hand. Thoughts and recommendations are welcome.

This gun is not meant to replace any of my 9mm's or .45 ACP's. Just a fun gun for the lady who lets me fill the gun safe.

I bought my wife a Rock Island Armory Baby Rock 380. All metal 1911 in 380 only smaller than a true 1911. Not full size by definition but is still quite a bit bigger and heavier than your normal micro/sub compact .380. Recoil is non existent and fits the hand great too.

I had a Bersa Thunder that worked well... If you can find a Walther PPk, cant go wrong with that either.

Better yet if you can find a Makarov in 380.... its a little heavy with the steel frame and slide... but theyre dead reliable and comfortable to shoot

Absolutely love both my Sig P230 and Walther PPK/S. @shibbershabber is spot on about the Mak framed gun in 380, but I find the recoil to be about the same as the other two.
I found, the easiest way to teach someone how to shoot a 380 is have them shoot a few boxes through a 40S&W, then pick up the 380. Their grip and arms are adapted to the 40, and the 380 then feels like a mouse gun in contrast.

I own a Browning BDA 380 that I bought new and am keeping to the end. I have thirteen pocket 380's, and the G42 is easy to shoot, it is the largest pocket 380 I own. all the Sig P238, Colt Mustang, and Springfield 911's are easy to shoot, the full featured 911 has great sights and accuracy for little guns.

But my BDA is the only bigger one I have, GI sights are marginal, but still fun to shoot. I believe the Tisas and Girsan are well made in Turkey, I think they would be great. Lot of good options mentioned above.

If your not married to the 380 the Beretta 81 in 32acp is an excellent 'full size' choice.

I have a number of .380s. Lightest recoiling is Sig P238. Very accurate with good factory sights.

Used to have one, regret selling it.

I had the "HD" version which, I believe, was a steel framed version. Mild recoil is an understatement. It takes buffalo bore to start getting snappy.

A friends mom used to carry a Beretta Couger, a Cheeta, and a 1908 Colt in 380. They are all a little smaller than full size, but larger than pocket size. all of them shot really well. The Colt was made up till 1975 so they are all used guns but there are lots of them out there. For awhile they were issued as army officers guns.
The two Beretta's looked like reduced versions of their 92. But they shot like big guns. DR

I'd recommend the Browning BDA .380/Beretta 84 FS, these are both double stack .380's, both fine pistols. I've had a couple of the Beretta's cycle through my collection.

Another fine choice would be the Astra Constable II, a double/single action like the Browning/Beretta, but a slim single stack. These were tanks the way they were built. Actually carried one of these for a period back in the late 90's.