JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was introduced to the .38 Super when my father was shooting it competitively and I would help reload for him. In those days they pushed the round very fast to make major power but still recoil was fairly mild; the super is a great round and I still use and carry it often today. The only super I currently have is a Commander I built using a barrel set my father gave me, if you have a pair of .38 Super and 9mm barrels sitting around you can't not use them right. Anyway that pistol was built using a Caspian Ti frame and is a very nice carry gun.

One big advantage of the 9mm breach face guns in say the 1911 platform is you can tune the gun to shoot a variety of rounds with barrel changes. For example you can use the same gun to shoot .38 Super, 9mm, 9x23, .38 TJ and many others. The 9x23 is a very interesting round in its own right. In my Commander for instance a simple barrel change and I can shoot 9mm for practice and .38 Super for carry.

Have fun it is a great cartridge.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR