JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep call ahead and as mentioned SG does have it. If you just want one box just pick out some other stuff to hit the $200 mark and the ship is free at least. Of course now is not the time to try but when the pipe line fills again this shows you why anyone who shoots should learn to roll their own too. Takes a little investment in stuff so you can be prepared but damn its worth it when these panic shortages hit like this. When you get some and try to gun you want save that brass!;)
I will definitely check out SG ammo in the future! Thanks for the tip

I'm assuming that's high? It looks like sportsman's has (at least their websites says they do) a box of 50 357 fmj for $35.99. I'm going to call and go over there tomorrow if they do.

Thanks again to everyone that replied.
That price is high for what is practice ammo but, hey if that's all you can find its of course what you have to pay. Ammo is coming back but as you see some is still harder to lay hands on and the price of the raw materials keeps going up at an alarming rate on top of that.

I just moved 500 rds .357 mag hp ammo at $42.50 per box, went back to the same site and there were none.

PPU 158 grn hp

Last Edited:
Haven't been there in close to 30 years. Now you're making want to go back just to check things out!
Was it good 30 years ago? I moved to the Foster Powell neighborhood in 2008 and was there til 2017. Tried that place maybe 5 different times over that period and got nothing but crap from any of the workers their every time I went. And it wasn't just someone having a bad day or the typical attitude some Portland workers give at times. It was as if they had an open contempt for the customers. Felt like I was ruining there day just by walking through the door. Never understood it.

i found 357 at coastal farm in albany federal 50 round box for $40.00 and remington 20 round box for $36.00. i passed on the remington got the federal 2 days later they still had the remington. so it is out there you just have to hunt it down. 9mm and 223 is now common as dirt, everywhere you look, so i would expect to see 357 showing up soon. Albany Gun show this weekend ,,,,,,we will see.

Was it good 30 years ago? I moved to the Foster Powell neighborhood in 2008 and was there til 2017. Tried that place maybe 5 different times over that period and got nothing but crap from any of the workers their every time I went. And it wasn't just someone having a bad day or the typical attitude some Portland workers give at times. It was as if they had an open contempt for the customers. Felt like I was ruining there day just by walking through the door. Never understood it.
Don't recall to be honest. It was more of a "tongue in cheek" comment.
Could be entertaining.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I met up with a NWFA member today and he traded me a box of 357 magnums! This group is awesome. Thanks again to everyone that replied to my post.

I went to the range today and shot the following revolvers in .357 magnum:
Colt python 4 inch barrel
Colt python 7 inch barrel
S&W model 686 4 inch
S&W model 60 3 inch
S&W model 640 2 inch
S&W 340sc 1.8 inch
Ruger GP100 6 inch

I also shot in .38 special:
S&W 337pd 1.8 inch
Colt Cobra 2 inch
Colt Diamond Back 4 inch

I REALLY want a revolver now 😁

I went to the range today and shot the following revolvers in .357 magnum:
Colt python 4 inch barrel
Colt python 7 inch barrel
S&W model 686 4 inch
S&W model 60 3 inch
S&W model 640 2 inch
S&W 340sc 1.8 inch
Ruger GP100 6 inch

I also shot in .38 special:
S&W 337pd 1.8 inch
Colt Cobra 2 inch
Colt Diamond Back 4 inch

I REALLY want a revolver now 😁
If you plan to carry the gun, Kimber k6s DASA is the narrowest six round out there and is a work of art.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top