JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Girlfriends dad has a .303 British Enfield that he may want to sell. It has a pretty short barrel, and what I found on Gunbroker, it's a "Jungle Carbine". It's in decent shape, missing the butt plate, has somebody's DL number engraved in it, lightly, and I think the stock has been reblued. Any ideas on value? He says he's had it for 30 some years. It has some crazy looking cone-shaped flash hidder, and a flip of sight of some sort. Thanks. I can text pictures if it helps.

There are so called "jungle carbines" made from both the No1 and No4 Enfield. The true Jungle carbine is a No5 mkI and well be marked as such on the left side of the receiver. The No5 was made by Faz and BSA only. A pristine No5 can bring as much as $600, a bubba may only be $150.

Nice rifles BSG75, with and without nose caps.

I have a pair of Faz's need to find a nice BSA or two.
pix1111179000.jpg

Thanks. I'm pretty sure his is a mixture of parts, and not a true one. I've looked at it, and remember it having a few different numbers on different parts. I'll try and get a list of the numbers on it on each part and see if that helps.

A few things to look for. It should be marked No. 5 as madcratebuilder said

DSC03459.jpg
DSC04576.jpg

The front of the triggerguard should have an hourglass or "wasp waist" narrowing

DSC03461.jpg

and the barrel should have lightening cuts

DSC03464.jpg

Well, I just looked. The gun does have all the markings of the No5 Mk1. It also matches all the pictures. Now my question is, with lightly engraved drivers license numbers in a couple spots, a missing butt plate, and a refinished stock, what is a good asking price for this gun? It can be restored easily I'd say.

Well, I just looked. The gun does have all the markings of the No5 Mk1. It also matches all the pictures. Now my question is, with lightly engraved drivers license numbers in a couple spots, a missing butt plate, and a refinished stock, what is a good asking price for this gun? It can be restored easily I'd say.

I think your best bet is a lot of pics and Gunbroker. The DL number hurts, the refinish hurts, missing parts are not a big deal, although No5 furniture can be hard to find and it's spendy when you do.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top