JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Girlfriends dad has a .303 British Enfield that he may want to sell. It has a pretty short barrel, and what I found on Gunbroker, it's a "Jungle Carbine". It's in decent shape, missing the butt plate, has somebody's DL number engraved in it, lightly, and I think the stock has been reblued. Any ideas on value? He says he's had it for 30 some years. It has some crazy looking cone-shaped flash hidder, and a flip of sight of some sort. Thanks. I can text pictures if it helps.

There are so called "jungle carbines" made from both the No1 and No4 Enfield. The true Jungle carbine is a No5 mkI and well be marked as such on the left side of the receiver. The No5 was made by Faz and BSA only. A pristine No5 can bring as much as $600, a bubba may only be $150.

Nice rifles BSG75, with and without nose caps.

I have a pair of Faz's need to find a nice BSA or two.
pix1111179000.jpg

Thanks. I'm pretty sure his is a mixture of parts, and not a true one. I've looked at it, and remember it having a few different numbers on different parts. I'll try and get a list of the numbers on it on each part and see if that helps.

A few things to look for. It should be marked No. 5 as madcratebuilder said

DSC03459.jpg
DSC04576.jpg

The front of the triggerguard should have an hourglass or "wasp waist" narrowing

DSC03461.jpg

and the barrel should have lightening cuts

DSC03464.jpg

Well, I just looked. The gun does have all the markings of the No5 Mk1. It also matches all the pictures. Now my question is, with lightly engraved drivers license numbers in a couple spots, a missing butt plate, and a refinished stock, what is a good asking price for this gun? It can be restored easily I'd say.

Well, I just looked. The gun does have all the markings of the No5 Mk1. It also matches all the pictures. Now my question is, with lightly engraved drivers license numbers in a couple spots, a missing butt plate, and a refinished stock, what is a good asking price for this gun? It can be restored easily I'd say.

I think your best bet is a lot of pics and Gunbroker. The DL number hurts, the refinish hurts, missing parts are not a big deal, although No5 furniture can be hard to find and it's spendy when you do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top