JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still have to build my 300 black out. Heck I'll probably have rounds worked up before I get it built :D
Heck, got it build, now I need to build rounds that it likes...

37438583-8F24-4D13-8F03-BE3D211D405B.jpeg

I really haven't done any load development for my 300blk. I cherry picked a load online and it has worked well so far. I have only shot supersonic, as I do not have a can yet.
I have a 9.5" SBR with a Black Hole Weaponry polygonal barrel ( don't remember the twist rate, 1:8 or 9 I think) I am using an Eotech 512 optic.
I have been running LC.223 brass converted to 300blk with 17.5gr H110 and Hornady 125gr SST projectiles (a lot of effort to convert the brass, but it's a hobby right?).
Shooting with a front rest and rear bag, I am getting 1-1.5 moa at 100yds.
I have recently switched to Speer TNT projectiles. The groups have opened up to about 2moa, but the bullets are a bit less expensive.
Given that my optic has a 1moa dot and that I have not done any load development, 1-2 moa is about as good as I can expect at the bench.
I went with H110 because I saw recipes for both supers and subs using the same powder. I have no idea if it is optimal for either application; I picked it to keep things in the reloading room simple.
At any rate, I have had no function issues with this load with about 500 rounds shot.
I would also love to hear from people who have developed loads for supper and subsonic shooting with this cartridge!

Do you have a link? I would like to see what they say. My impression is that most commercial ammo makers do not post their loads. I need all the help I can get.

Im looking to use 62, 72, 77 and 80 gr bullets!:D
Haven't picked my parts for the .300 yet, likely a twin to my existing 10.5 inch upper!

Would suggest not having twins.
A 300 Blackout cartridge can be chambered and fired in a 5.56, not a good thing, as in bad, very, very bad.

The way my AR's are setup I can't mistake my Blackout uppers for my 5.56 uppers. I also use Magpul magazines exclusively for 5.56 and Lancer magazines exclusively for 300 Blackout, they look and feel different, even put a thick red rubber band on the Blackout mags.

Thanks guys. I would like to find a round that does it all. Like @erslll mentioned cost really isn't the issue and it would be nice to have one that all my AR's like no matter what I am doing with it.

Paper, coyote or the two legged threat. I don't ususally take my AR to the range when I go but would say that If I do I don't shoot more than two or three mags. I am sure that even with more expensive bullets its cheaper loading it than buying mid grade or good ammo.
If it's just paper punching, it's hard to beat the Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT. It's generally considered one of the most accurate of the 55gr FMJ bullets, and can often be found for less than $0.08 each when bought in bulk. I think my last purchase was $0.065 each when I caught them on sale.

For an all-purpose projectile, look into the Hornady 55gr SP. Same price as the FMJ, and supposedly a bit more accurate. The SP is good for varmints and self defence, but is still cheap enough to plink with. Another bonus of using a soft point is that it will still expand at lower velocities, making it perfect for SBRs or AR pistols.

If accuracy is the goal, it's hard to beat the Sierra 69gr & 77gr MatchKing.

For .300BLK, 147gr FMJ work well enough for plinking, and you can often find great deals on pulled bullets.

For home defense, the Barnes 110gr TAC-TX is king. For a cheaper alternative, look at the Hornady 110gr V-Max or the Nosler 110gr Varmageddon. Expansion tests still look good at 2,100 fps.

For subs, there are almost too many options to choose from. The 208-220gr bullets seem to be the most popular, but I picked up a bunch of 190gr Hornady Custom Competition when they were on sale. I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but I've read good things online. The sale price was just too good to pass up... :oops:

There are plenty of options to choose from, but I definitely recommend giving the Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT & SP a try.

Did a lot of testing with subsonic 300 blk loads in a 16" bolt action and an 8" Ar-15 lil-gun was the winner for me. 1680 was to loud and gassy, the faster the twist the better, I see sig is running a 1-6" in their .300 blk .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top