JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who has one and what do you have and how do u like it? I had an sps Remington 700 or wasn't bad sold it to fund a project and now have funs to do it again but just dont know if I should or not and if so what I should do had though I wanted a bolt action pistol and still do but just wanna see what ever one else has gone with

Have no use for bolt action pistols, but I've enjoyed the AR pistol in .300 BO, the CPL covers it being transported same as other pistols. The sba3 brace kicks the NFA in the nuts.

I used mine a couple of times... sold it within a month. Kinda like a Glock.. a soulless ugly gun. :)

AR15_300blackout_ravcon2017b.JPG

I have a Ruger American Ranch in 300 Blackout for running subsonics suppressed, and a Mega Arms AR15 8.75" build in 300blackout. Now I am building another Mega in 12"...or at least I am searching for parts to...

Subs will be run through an Obsidian 9 or 45. I am considering the purchase of a can to cover 5.56 and 300 blackout supersonic, but haven't decided if I will do it yet. I was looking at a discounted AAC Cyclone (new old stock) but found it to not be rated for 5.56 (crazy).

Last Edited:
I had a H&R AAC single shot in 300blk. I experimented with hand loads as I had 30 cal bullets and 300 black brass at the time. It was fun for a project gun and project reloading. Otherwise I didn't see the need without a capable 30 caliber suppressor.

I believe 300blk is truly a silencer cartridge. It shines in subsonic form through a can

In my opinion, 7.62x39 is way cheaper if you want a bigger bullet than the .224 and are not going to be used suppressed.

This is my 8" barreled 300 blk sbr. was setup to run suppressed but lately I've been shooting 110 gr supers without the suppresser.
McGsHui.jpg

Just last week finished the Mega Arms 300 Blackout build. I was going to do a build thread, but I guess I can post some info here:

20190313-203415cw16.jpg
20190313-203246cw16.jpg
20190313-203437cw12.jpg

In pictures is; Mega 300BLK, Ruger American Ranch in 300 Blackout and a CMMG AR15 with a 10.5" Rainier Arms match barrel in 5.56.

Mega build:
Mega Arms GTR-3H ambidextrous billet lower
Geissele SD-3G 3 gun single stage trigger
Arms Unlimited ambidextrous magazine release (black)
Timebomb black dimpled extended magazine release button (black)
Phase 5 extended billet ambidextrous safety (black)
Forward Controls Designs dimpled extended bolt catch/release (black)
Noveske takedown pins
ATI ergo pistol grip (probably to be swapped out for a Hogue soon)
Extended end plate with QD Sling mount, enhanced castle nut
Redcon Tactical lower spring kit. Standard buffer tube, spring for now (will probably install an Armaspec Stealth spring setup in 2 weeks)
SB Tactical SBM4 pistol brace and buffer tube (soon to probably swap out for an SB PDW or SBA3)
Magpul vintage new old stock straight 20s, a curved 20 for bench shooting/beating on, and a bunch of Pmag 30s

Mega Arms billet upper and 9" keymod handguard
Geissele Super Charging Handle
Strong Side Tactical fluted, bull 300 blackout 8.75" barrel
SLR Rifleworks gas block and pistol length gas tube
Lantac Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
San-Tan Tactical dimpled forward assist
Impact Weapons Corp QD sling mount for top rail
RailScales HTP honeycomb keymod covers
RailScales keymod handstop
Vortex Strikeforce 1-6 with Vortex cantilever mount
Saker ASR muzzle brake

The next 12" Mega build is just starting. I haven't decided its final configuration yet. I might sell the CMMG receiver set and handguard to find the second Mega. I haven't found a matching billet Mega Arms GTR-3H lower yet. That will probably be a 12" blackout build. I haven't decided if I am going to get a suppressor to run supersonics yet.

Last Edited:
Just last week finished the Mega Arms 300 Blackout build. I was going to do a build thread, but I guess I can post some info here:

View attachment 558482
View attachment 558480
View attachment 558481

In pictures is; Mega 300BLK, Ruger American Ranch in 300 Blackout and a CMMG AR15 with a 10.5" Rainier Arms match barrel in 5.56.

Mega build:
Mega Arms GTR-3H ambidextrous billet lower
Geissele SD-3G 3 gun single stage trigger
Arms Unlimited ambidextrous magazine release (black)
Timebomb black dimpled extended magazine release button (black)
Phase 5 extended billet ambidextrous safety (black)
Forward Controls Designs dimpled extended bolt catch/release (black)
Noveske takedown pins
ATI ergo pistol grip (probably to be swapped out for a Hogue soon)
Extended end plate with QD Sling mount, enhanced castle nut
Redcon Tactical lower spring kit. Standard buffer tube, spring for now (will probably install an Armaspec Stealth spring setup in 2 weeks)
SB Tactical SBM4 pistol brace and buffer tube (soon to probably swap out for an SB PDW or SBA3)
Magpul vintage new old stock straight 20s, a curved 20 for bench shooting/beating on, and a bunch of Pmag 30s

Mega Arms billet upper and 9" keymod handguard
Geissele Super Charging Handle
Strong Side Tactical fluted, bull 300 blackout 8.75" barrel
SLR Rifleworks gas block and pistol length gas tube
Lantac Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
San-Tan Tactical dimpled forward assist
Impact Weapons Corp QD sling mount for top rail
RailScales HTP honeycomb keymod covers
RailScales keymod handstop
Vortex Strikeforce 1-6 with Vortex cantilever mount
Saker ASR muzzle brake

The next 12" Mega build is just starting. I haven't decided its final configuration yet. I might sell the CMMG receiver set and handguard to find the second Mega. I haven't found a matching billet Mega Arms GTR-3H lower yet. That will probably be a 12" blackout build. I haven't decided if I am going to get a suppressor to run supersonics yet.

Which do u prefer to shoot more and how much quiter is the bolt over the pistol?

Depends what you want to do with it. If you want quite slugs going down range, then yes, you need a bolt. The semi-auto varieties are not quiet when the bolt is cycling.

Then I'm always thinking about silence where you only hear the hammer fall.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top