JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some oregon trail lasercast 170 grain bullets i want to reload with blc2 the starting load is 2049 fps and oregon trail says not to go over 1800 fps i have alot of powder so i want to use if possible without running gas checks. Any thoughts

That sounds a little too fast even for a Laser Cast bullet which I use a lot of - but not in 30-30. I am planning on starting to use cast in my own 30-30 but I am going to try the 135 gr. from Badman Bullets and probably keep them in the 1500 FPS (or less) range depending on the load. I have not researched a starting load yet but my reading so far has told me to keep the cast velocities down, even with hard cast bullets in the 30-30.

Rvtech is right about the speed. Keep them around 1400-1500 and you should do fine if you aren't running them with gas checks. I have run them faster, but it really depends on the individual rifle. Some do OK, some don't. If you have some 5744 it works real well with that caliber and bullet weight.

RVTECH and everyone else, Trail Boss 7.5 grains works with cast bullets. I dob;t have chorno results yet but it should be around 1250 - 1300 fps. I is a good shooting load.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top