JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
03s factory barrel length is 24". If the barrel is indeed original I would look at the crown closely. It has had 100 years of people probably cleaning it from the muzzle and messing it up. Hard to tell in the photographs, but it does not look like a 24" barrel to me.

IT does not look full length, plus if you look at the last pic, it sure looks like an aftermarket barrel. No military barrel will be stamped "30-06".

My bet is it is a USGI barrel. You can see in two photos the groove from the rear sight base pin. It was fairly common for people to hand stamp the barrels, like this one. People were rechambering USGI barrels on these sporters in every 30 cal wildcat imaginable. There is not a easy way to tell what it was chambered for unless they marked it.

I sold a rifle my grandfather gave me when I was young and needed money. I have regretted doing that thousands of times. Today all I have is a picture of him and a shovel he used to own. Maybe you didn't have a relationship with him and has no sentimental value. I have a son and grandson that could have that rifle today if I had a brain in my head, that's all.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.