JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$350
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
WWII sporterized 30-06 hunting rifle and scope. 350 obo

F284D706-65AC-4624-A655-173E0546B1AA.jpeg 1754AAFA-D709-4FE4-8DE7-EF606F9E1C3F.jpeg 89D11644-A9EA-47FD-AF36-FED57025B468.jpeg B0A7F0BB-8D1F-48BE-B0FF-51495F819A9A.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Early 1903s had some issues with the heat treating of the receivers causing some of them to come apart and harm the user. Once the issue was found, the heat treating process was changed. The early guns are called low serial number rifles and the post change are called high serial number rifles. There are some folks that will not purchase a low number rifle as they believe them to be unsafe to shoot. At this point it is probably a mute point as any rifle that has made it this many years and not had an issue probably won't have one.

Oh, interesting. Is this gun more valuable than 350? It has been being used as a hunting rifle and was given to my by my late grandfather.
Depending on who you're talking to a high number rifle might be worth more however for most folks I don't think there would be much, if any, difference.

What you have from the looks of it is a pretty nice sporterized version of a M1903. Lots of these were done over the years so you're basically selling an older hunting rifle with an older Japanese optic. I was looking a while back and was seeing them anywhere from $250 - $450/500, don't know if those are still accurate prices. You might do some investigating on Gunbroker and see what you come up with. This might be one of those guns that you hang on to just because you got it from your grandfather even if you don't ever shoot it.

What you have from the looks of it is a pretty nice sporterized version of a M1903. Lots of these were done over the years so you're basically selling an older hunting rifle with an older Japanese optic. I was looking a while back and was seeing them anywhere from $250 - $450/500, don't know if those are still accurate prices. You might do some investigating on Gunbroker and see what you come up with. This might be one of those guns that you hang on to just because you got it from your grandfather even if you don't ever shoot it.
True enough. Thanks for sharing!

To even guess at valuation would need to know barrel length and condition including the crown, type of safety (factory one is useless with a scope), looks like a military trigger not adding to the price. All in all, sporterrized 03s and M1917s are no where near what they were worth in the past.

Better photographs would help a lot.

It is in the ball park for price. It could be low or high depending on condition of the blueing, stock and barrel. The heat treated receiver and nice sporter stock is a plus. Looks like maybe a cut down USGI barrel if it has the pin groove on the barrel next to the receiver. The photo is not clear enough to tell.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.